Custom 458 Win Mag For Sale

pvanwyk

Bronze supporter
Reaction score
Media
Custom 458 Win Mag built on Mauser action. Lightly used with one or two small nicks in the woodwork. Barrel is ported, receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mount (included in deal). Custom peep sights. $2,100 + shipping (lower 48 only)

Have decided to stick to my 450/400 double as my primary big caliber

IMG_0953.jpeg
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg
IMG_1375.jpeg
IMG_0957.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle and good pictures.

If I may suggest, to help sell your rifle, include some more detailed information about yourself, and the rifle.

You will find that members of AH are good people and are savvy regarding online sales. Unfortunately, some have been scammed (I'm lucky so far), and rightly need validation.

To enhance selling your rifle:

Suggested information:
  1. Your online activity, on other sites with feedback, especially regarding past successful sales.
  2. Original maker of the rifle, from the factory, (Oberndorf, DWM, Erfurt, Brno) etc.
  3. Gunsmith(s) that performed the work: barreling, porting, safety, trigger, bottom metal, etc. include ALL details.
  4. Barrel Length, LOP, Recoil Pad make, Trigger, Safety, etc. All information is valuable, and will help you get best dollar, and ensure a buyer gets a great rifle.
  5. Stock: It has very nice figure: list the stock maker, checkering LPI, type of finish. Is it glassed bedded, wrist reinforced, internal cross-bolted?
  6. Any preferred cartridge loads, factory or handloads. (Important). Provide as much information as you can.
  7. Pictures of targets with preferred loads (factory or handloads), dated.
With past experience, the above data inclusions will facilitate selling good rifles to good buyers.

Good choice staying with your 450/400 Nitro. A favorite of mine. Tell us about that rifle.

Good Luck With the Sale.

CR

Custom 458 Win Mag built on Mauser action. Lightly used with one or two small nicks in the woodwork. Barrel is ported, receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mount (included in deal). Custom peep sights. $2,100 + shipping (lower 48 only)

Have decided to stick to my 450/400 double as my primary big caliber

View attachment 602655View attachment 602656View attachment 602657View attachment 602658View attachment 602659
thank you all for the feedback. Herewith more details on the rifle and myself.
- rifle was bought at an auction and i've fired minimal rounds
- length of pull is just over 14"
- from markings the trigger is a Timney
- Barrel length is 25"
- the porting runs a length of 3"
- Unsure of the action but it looks to be FN
- the wooden stock has been beautifully inletted to allow for the peep sights
- i've borescoped the barrel and everything looks excellent (not surprising considering cost of 458 ammunition and recoil)

I don't have a huge internet presence but you can find submissions on brianenos.com (pistol shooting), longrangeshooting.com and M1A forums under the handle of 2scoops. After a recent safari trip with my Krieghoff 450/400 and seeing the performance on large game, i've come to the realization that the 450/400 has everything i need (and it's a double :) ) with much less recoil. Previous dealings on AH include the purchase of a 9.3x62 from AZDAVE

Houston based if anyone locally would like to view the rifle

Nice rifle and good pictures.

If I may suggest, to help sell your rifle, include some more detailed information about yourself, and the rifle.

You will find that members of AH are good people and are savvy regarding online sales. Unfortunately, some have been scammed (I'm lucky so far), and rightly need validation.

To enhance selling your rifle:

Suggested information:
  1. Your online activity, on other sites with feedback, especially regarding past successful sales.
  2. Original maker of the rifle, from the factory, (Oberndorf, DWM, Erfurt, Brno) etc.
  3. Gunsmith(s) that performed the work: barreling, porting, safety, trigger, bottom metal, etc. include ALL details.
  4. Barrel Length, LOP, Recoil Pad make, Trigger, Safety, etc. All information is valuable, and will help you get best dollar, and ensure a buyer gets a great rifle.
  5. Stock: It has very nice figure: list the stock maker, checkering LPI, type of finish. Is it glassed bedded, wrist reinforced, internal cross-bolted?
  6. Any preferred cartridge loads, factory or handloads. (Important). Provide as much information as you can.
  7. Pictures of targets with preferred loads (factory or handloads), dated.
With past experience, the above data inclusions will facilitate selling good rifles to good buyers.

Good choice staying with your 450/400 Nitro. A favorite of mine. Tell us about that rifle.

Good Luck With the Sale.

CR
appreciate the feedback. Additional details included

appreciate the feedback. Additional details included
Excellent details. A Krieghoff double is a great rifle, this brand the first double I got to shoot and led me down that road. 450/400 is a favorite round, understand why you are selling the.458.
It is a nice rifle and the wood is very nice.
Good luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AileenGayt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.