COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

FB_IMG_1586964934510.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-china-compete-us-sources

CORONAVIRUS
Published 1 hour ago
Last Update 21 mins ago
Sources believe coronavirus originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

Sources tell Fox News that the belief is now is that the coronavirus originated in a Wuhan lab, not as a bio weapon, but as China's effort to find and deal with viruses.

Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.

EXCLUSIVE: There is increasing confidence that COVID-19 likely originated in a Wuhan laboratory not as a bioweapon, but as part of China's effort to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States, multiple sources who have been briefed on the details of early actions by China's government and seen relevant materials tell Fox News.

This may be the "costliest government coverup of all time," one of the sources said.

The sources believe the initial transmission of the virus was bat-to-human, and that "patient zero" worked at the laboratory, then went into the population in Wuhan.

The “increasing confidence” comes from classified and open-source documents and evidence, the sources said. Fox News has requested to see the evidence directly.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

Asked by Fox News' John Roberts about the reporting, President Trump remarked at Wednesday's coronavirus press briefing, "More and more we're hearing the story...we are doing a very thorough examination of this horrible situation."

Documents detail early efforts by doctors at the lab and early efforts at containment. The Wuhan wet market initially identified as a possible point of origin never sold bats, and the sources tell Fox News that blaming the wet market was an effort by China to deflect blame from the laboratory, along with the country's propaganda efforts targeting the U.S. and Italy.

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

AP20106142867790.jpg

In this Tuesday, March 10, 2020, photo released by China's Xinhua News Agency, Chinese President Xi Jinping talks by video with patients and medical workers at the Huoshenshan Hospital in Wuhan in central China's Hubei Province. (Xie Huanchi/Xinhua via AP)

Responding to the report, Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Tuesday afternoon: "It should be no surprise to you that we have taken a keen interest in that and we've had a lot of intelligence take a hard look at that. I would just say at this point, it's inconclusive, although the weight of evidence seems to indicate natural, but we don't know for certain."

Americans were originally helping train the Chinese in a program called PREVENT well before the Chinese started working on this virus. The French government helped the Chinese set up the Wuhan lab.

China "100 percent" suppressed data and changed data, the sources tell Fox News. Samples were destroyed, contaminated areas scrubbed, some early reports erased, and academic articles stifled.

STATE DEPT LEAKED CABLES RENEW THEORIES ON ORIGINS OF CORONAVIRUS

There were doctors and journalists who were "disappeared" warning of the spread of the virus and its contagious nature and human to human transmission. China moved quickly to shut down travel domestically from Wuhan to the rest of China, but did not stop international flights from Wuhan.

Additionally, the sources tell Fox News the World Health Organization (WHO) was complicit from the beginning in helping China cover its tracks.

Trump announced at the White House coronavirus news briefing in the Rose Garden on Tuesday that the United States will immediately halt all funding for the WHO, saying it had put "political correctness over lifesaving measures." The United States is the WHO's largest single donor, and the State Department had previously planned to provide the agency $893 million in the current two-year funding period.

Senior administrations separately tell Fox News the rollout of the president’s “blueprint for re-opening the U.S. economy” will happen Thursday afternoon, first for governors and then briefed to the press.

04_AP20100116687858.jpg

Commuters wear face masks to protect against the spread of new coronavirus as they walk through a subway station in Beijing, Thursday, April 9, 2020. China's National Health Commission on Thursday reported dozens of new COVID-19 cases, including most of which it says are imported infections in recent arrivals from abroad and two "native" cases in the southern province of Guangdong. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)

Meanwhile, Trump's own handling of the crisis has come into focus. On January 24, for example, Trump tweeted in praise of China’s “transparency" on coronavirus.

Though they were not speaking for the president, the sources ventured an explanation, saying it was diplomatic talk to make the Chinese "feel good". while the investigation was ongoing, with trade and other talks happening simultaneously.

In the six days after top Chinese officials secretly determined they likely were facing a pandemic from a new coronavirus, the city of Wuhan at the epicenter of the disease hosted a mass banquet for tens of thousands of people; millions began traveling through for Lunar New Year celebrations.

TRUMP CUTS ALL WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION FUNDING

President Xi Jinping warned the public on the seventh day, Jan. 20. But by that time, more than 3,000 people had been infected during almost a week of public silence.

“This is tremendous,” said Zuo-Feng Zhang, an epidemiologist at the University of California, Los Angeles. “If they took action six days earlier, there would have been much fewer patients and medical facilities would have been sufficient. We might have avoided the collapse of Wuhan’s medical system.”

Fox News' Barnini Chakraborty and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Attachments

• AP20106142867790.jpg
    AP20106142867790.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 04_AP20100116687858.jpg
    04_AP20100116687858.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 95
The claim that that this Virus came from a Chinese wet market, is nothing but a big steaming pile of manure.

Covert Operation Viral Infectious Disease 2019 = Covid 19, saw that elsewhere.

I fear we will be looking at a rolling, long, moving target process of putting the toothpaste back in the tube:confused: when all the powers that be decree its time to sound the all clear. That could be months. One of the oft repeated things I hear is that things wont return to anything like normal unless and until there is a vaccine, and the due date for that varies anywhere from 12-18 months. So what then? Here in the US we have about 330 million people. How long will it take to vaccinate everyone? Will everyone even want to be vaccinated?:( We already have plenty of folks here that don't believe in getting a yearly flu shot for various and sundry reasons, most of which are silly excuses,:cautious: like "oh, last time I got the flu shot I got the flu".:( Going to be pretty hard to get folks like that to give a relatively new vaccine a try!o_O What is the shot is mandatory?
So that could take some time to sort out. Then what? Issue a COVID shot card to every citizen, that one has to wave or scan to get on a bus,, a cab, a plane, a boat, grocery store, barbershop etc. etc.? How is that going to work out? :rolleyes:
You see what happened in Michigan today with the folks protesting some really stupid attempts by their really stupid governor to place really draconian restrictions on people. She actually wanted to extend the state shutdown for another 70 days!!:eek: She tells people not to use their powerboats on the lakes!! Are you kidding me? What could be better than being out on your boat??:rolleyes:
I fear this will take a long painful time to get sorted out, and I also fear we will never be the same, anywhere. This is life changing. Certainly this has had the biggest impact on the planet since World War II, and will be much more difficult to recover from in some ways. Depends on how much damage is done in the name of saving lives.
Just my hopefully overly pessimistic view of this mess. I would love to be totally wrong and everything return to normal next month... don't think it will though.

Covert Operation Viral Infectious Disease 2019 = Covid 19, saw that elsewhere.

I fear we will be looking at a rolling, long, moving target process of putting the toothpaste back in the tube:confused: when all the powers that be decree its time to sound the all clear. That could be months. One of the oft repeated things I hear is that things wont return to anything like normal unless and until there is a vaccine, and the due date for that varies anywhere from 12-18 months. So what then? Here in the US we have about 330 million people. How long will it take to vaccinate everyone? Will everyone even want to be vaccinated?:( We already have plenty of folks here that don't believe in getting a yearly flu shot for various and sundry reasons, most of which are silly excuses,:cautious: like "oh, last time I got the flu shot I got the flu".:( Going to be pretty hard to get folks like that to give a relatively new vaccine a try!o_O What is the shot is mandatory?
So that could take some time to sort out. Then what? Issue a COVID shot card to every citizen, that one has to wave or scan to get on a bus,, a cab, a plane, a boat, grocery store, barbershop etc. etc.? How is that going to work out? :rolleyes:
You see what happened in Michigan today with the folks protesting some really stupid attempts by their really stupid governor to place really draconian restrictions on people. She actually wanted to extend the state shutdown for another 70 days!!:eek: She tells people not to use their powerboats on the lakes!! Are you kidding me? What could be better than being out on your boat??:rolleyes:
I fear this will take a long painful time to get sorted out, and I also fear we will never be the same, anywhere. This is life changing. Certainly this has had the biggest impact on the planet since World War II, and will be much more difficult to recover from in some ways. Depends on how much damage is done in the name of saving lives.
Just my hopefully overly pessimistic view of this mess. I would love to be totally wrong and everything return to normal next month... don't think it will though.
Democrats, and the media lap dogs, want to drag this out as long as possible. It's political, and they don't give a flying fook who dies. After Trump gets re-elected, the current Dem/ media virus frenzy will vanish like a puff of smoke.

I'd like to think that's all it is, but I fear not. Time will tell.

It was a joke. I went to Zim in 2014 during Ebola and people asked me when I got home was I scared. I had to explain to them that I was closer to Ebola at home in Atlanta than i was while in Zim. :rolleyes:
My wife and I came back from RSA in 2014. We caught some nasty bug on the flight home which has happened before. We were fairly sick and she called the doctor that we just got back from Africa and feel sick. They said don't come in will send you a zpack. Cheapest doctor call ever.

A couple months after returning from Zim in 2011, I landed in the hospital twice in a months time with viral pericarditis. No idea how I got it, but had been sick with a nasty sinus infection the whole time I was away, that I seemed to have picked up on the trip down. Long time ago now so not real sureo_O WTH happened, but it was most assuredly a very unpleasant September that year!:eek:

Oh well, I’m not sure what the answer is. I don’t condone the drastic measures that have been taken in some places, but the dreaded social media aside, there’s something to it when refrigerated trucks are being hauled in to store bodies because people are dying so fast. You have the liberal media on one side, and King Chump’s amateur hour Faux News on the other, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, where it usually is.

My greatest concern regarding any return trip to SA is the flight and the melting pot of the world within the plane for 15 plus hours. Once the bans are lifted does not guarantee or assure passengers are out of danger. I hunted Namibia in July and South Africa in November of 2019. I am thinking those trips are going to be my last, much to my regret. As we get older having something to plan for and look forward to in the future motivates us and keeps us from wilting away. I had plans on another trip to Namibia in June, tickets purchased last August and back for my 4 th visit with Philip and the crew at Khomas Highland, but it t was not to be due to a Chinese screw up.

My greatest concern regarding any return trip to SA is the flight and the melting pot of the world within the plane for 15 plus hours. Once the bans are lifted does not guarantee or assure passengers are out of danger. I hunted Namibia in July and South Africa in November of 2019. I am thinking those trips are going to be my last, much to my regret. As we get older having something to plan for and look forward to in the future motivates us and keeps us from wilting away. I had plans on another trip to Namibia in June, tickets purchased last August and back for my 4 th visit with Philip and the crew at Khomas Highland, but it t was not to be due to a Chinese screw up.

Yeah, I hated those close quarters before this. Now? Ugh. People on the whole are generally nasty, even when they don’t have a virus.

Yeah, I hated those close quarters before this. Now? Ugh. People on the whole are generally nasty, even when they don’t have a virus.
I think one of the more futile things we can do is to try to attempt to hermetically seal our lives. I am 67 and become more convinced of it every single day. One of the liberating things about having been a soldier during my professional life is to realize how fleeting our lives are and how important it is to put as much living into them we can. Mine could, perhaps should, have ended abruptly several times. The ugly truth is that none of us - not a single one - no matter how careful we are - is getting out of here alive. We can either attempt to hide from that truth, which turns death into a remorseless predator, or we can embrace it, and look it in the eye as long as we can stand. I'll opt for the latter as long as I am able.

I agree, but tempting the Devil, or playing chicken with a freight train does not seem to me the most prudent approach if there are choices. I am 72, and like most of us have dodged the bullet on a number of occasions, but to tempt fate at this time of life does not seem the best idea to antagonize an already dangerous environment. I do not relish the thought of lying in a coma with a tube down my throat waiting on some stranger determining when to shut off life support because someone younger could take better advantage of the ventilator, only because I chose to embrace life to its fullest....which, I have to a great extent, already a pretty good, and blessed life with few regrets at this time. Last point of concern, getting stranded in a foreign country, in a third world hospital, and having the remains shipped back home....No thanks, again...not my idea of embracing life to its fullest.

When one thinks about how much money can be made in developing a vaccine to be used worldwide, I'm betting it's going to be developed quickly as possible. Keep the faith. Africa may be out of reach this year, but not forever.

I agree, but tempting the Devil, or playing chicken with a freight train does not seem to me the most prudent approach if there are choices. I am 72, and like most of us have dodged the bullet on a number of occasions, but to tempt fate at this time of life does not seem the best idea to antagonize an already dangerous environment. I do not relish the thought of lying in a coma with a tube down my throat waiting on some stranger determining when to shut off life support because someone younger could take better advantage of the ventilator, only because I chose to embrace life to its fullest....which, I have to a great extent, already a pretty good, and blessed life with few regrets at this time. Last point of concern, getting stranded in a foreign country, in a third world hospital, and having the remains shipped back home....No thanks, again...not my idea of embracing life to its fullest.

I agree, with a bit of a twist. I get the arguments, the severe economic pain, personal liberty, the fleeting nature of life and living life to the fullest - after all, nuclear physics it ain't. All that said, I do have the right to choose to jeopardize my own life, however I do not the right to jeopardize yours! Of course the opposite of that is true. End.

The "Twitter signaller" would like to ease border restrictions..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not with these log curves. IMHO.

This is a week old report, but it appears our Medical Officer of Health has us on the right track here in Alberta.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 07.22.11.png

Apparently we are now leading the world in testing.
Testing in Alberta has been increased since this report came out. Now, anyone with any COVID symptom can arrange a test.
The Chief Medical Officer wants more scientific information upon which to base new policy decisions going forward.
A sad truth is that the various methods and policies used (in various jurisdictions) during this pandemic is going to create huge opportunities for research.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 07.20.09.png

Just wanted to let yall know - today I received my Stimulus Package.
It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my ass, two discount coupons to KFC, an "Obama Hope & Change" bumper sticker, and a "Blame it on Bush" poster for the front yard. The directions were in Spanish.

Watch for yours soon.

As of 4/16/20

With Smithfield Foods meat packing plant, mainly pork, shutting down, you have to start wondering about the ripple effect. 3500 workers furloughed or laidoff, a lot of them infected with COVID-19. You have to wonder if there are large pens of swine waiting for slaughter and that won't happen any time soon. They need to be fed, etc. Farmers will have to delay shipping hogs, etc.

United States hot spots

Smithfield Foods meatpacking plant; Sioux Falls, S.D. 644

Aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt; Guam, 585

Cook County Jail; Chicago, 524

Parnall Correctional Facility; Jackson, Mich., 212

Soldiers' Home in Holyoke; Holyoke, Mass., 194

A team from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has arrived in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to help with the Smithfield Foods coronavirus hot spot.

Eighty of South Dakota's 180 new COVID-19 cases are employees of the meat-processing company, bringing the total to 518 Smithfield Foods employees who have tested positive. There are also now 126 total cases of non-employees that became infected when they came into contact with a Smithfield employee, according to the South Dakota Department of Health. Smithfield announced Sunday that it would be closing its Sioux Falls plant indefinitely Wednesday. The plant has 3,700 employees.
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-ga...r-world-park-planes-amid-pandemic/5122560002/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DottyB500

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.