Boeing Aircraft

I was pretty young but clearly remember several after dinner discussions when friends/family were visiting. In addition to family who flew in WWII, a nuclear weapons “weaponeer” would also occasionally be visiting and join the discussion. He was one of three assigned to babysit the two nukes that departed Tinian- one for each drop and one for ground support and back-up. The AAF had to add an extra crewman to those B29 nuke drops, a nuclear weapons tech, the “weaponeer”, to monitor the bombs to make sure the triggers and fuzes were operating and the weapons were armed correctly.

What impressed me most about all those involved, was their matter of fact nature, each knowing the huge responsibility of their task and the all too common and well known risk, whether it be mechanical failure or of being shot down. Maybe it is a type of fatalistic safety valve humans carry with them in those type circumstances.

I don’t recall all your warnings when the forums discuss using foreign airlines - Ethiad, Qatar, etc when flying with guns. Shouldn’t you post a warning? I mean they are seriously disadvantaged pilots in training and experience.

Sorry chief, didn’t happen according to the FAA and NTSB.

Best pilots have always been fighter jocks. US system doesn’t really support that model any more. Many foreign countries do.

While I’m not a commercial pilot, I am a pilot.
Nope, I didn’t fire off any warnings. I know the reality and have friends that used to train their pilots during the airline downturns of 9/11 and the economic downturn of 2008. As for the fighter jock comment…. That’s cute that you think that…. In my 20 years of flying commercially, the best pilots are the pilots that think of their crew first, and listen to all information provided from all sources. That could be a military pilot or civilian. Fighter pilots tend to have a steep learning curve when they get to the airlines because they are not used to a crew environment.

Nope, I didn’t fire off any warnings. I know the reality and have friends that used to train their pilots during the airline downturns of 9/11 and the economic downturn of 2008. As for the fighter jock comment…. That’s cute that you think that…. In my 20 years of flying commercially, the best pilots are the pilots that think of their crew first, and listen to all information provided from all sources. That could be a military pilot or civilian. Fighter pilots tend to have a steep learning curve when they get to the airlines because they are not used to a crew environment.
You don't know how wrong you are but I'm tired of you. Fighter pilots certainly don't fly alone, not even in a one seater. And they experience emergency situations far more than any commercial pilot other than say bush pilots, and know how to deal with them. The 25 yo pilot on my Embraer not so much.

But I would hope you would warn us all about poorly trained pilots when we discuss traveling with firearms on foreign carriers because it's just much easier. Perhaps you don't like any of us, not just me.

Go
If this is an unsafe aircraft, why are the US pilots still flying it? Why not strike and demand something to be done?
Good question.

Maybe pilot's have big balls and a parachute......lol

If this is an unsafe aircraft, why are the US pilots still flying it? Why not strike and demand something to be done?
No pilot will fly if they think it's an unsafe airplane US or foreign.
There have been no fatal incidents of Boeing 737 Max in the US.
No machine is perfect and small incidents can happen with any type of plane including Airbus.
This issue is way overblown.

No pilot will fly if they think it's an unsafe airplane US or foreign.
There have been no fatal incidents of Boeing 737 Max in the US.
No machine is perfect and small incidents can happen with any type of plane including Airbus.
This issue is way overblown.

I don't know about the issue being overblown. There is plenty of evidence to go around. Nothing will be done until there is a fatal accident in the US.

A number of these problems that are being brought up are still a problem with maintenance and the ground crews.

Wheels coming off point to the airline flying the plane along with the cowlings and a number of other things that people are blaming on Boeing.

How about looking at the rest of the airlines when they loose a tire or a panel comes loose in flight?

I'm not defending Boeing when they do have problems but all the rest of the airline manufactures have a number of problems with their planes also.

The common denominator for many events is airline maintenance. Maintenance tech takes his lunch break, and forgets to tighten the wheel......
The airline industry is highly competitive. They want those planes in the air making money. Maintenance short cuts has always been an issue

I don't know about the issue being overblown. There is plenty of evidence to go around. Nothing will be done until there is a fatal accident in the US.
There’s plenty being done as we speak.
FAA is involved and there’s a clear path to fix the quality control issues.

First of all, the airplane is not unsafe. Yes, there have been significant incidents/accidents, but they have been and are being rectified. The FAA is all over Boeing and they’re (Boeing) paying airlines in excess of $400 million for the door issues that resulted in another grounding of the airplane.

Second, as unionized pilots, we are governed by the Railway Labor Act. We cannot just strike for any reason. That would be ruled by the Courts as an illegal work action. There is a TON of case law and precedent to back this up. The Company would simply file for an injunction, and would be awarded it fairly quickly. Then the pilots would get sued by the company for an illegal work action.

Corporate America and its stockholders run the game. Think back to the movie "Wall Street." As Gordon Gecko put it, greed works...greed is good. Really?

I don't think so. Greed has ruined companies and it in the end results in lesser financial results. Boeing lost it's way and may be it's down fall.

Well, we'll see if they can get their years-behind-schedule crewed Starliner off the ground and the crew back safely. Hope so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greattemple

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.