Black owned hunting safari businesses?

IMG_20200125_150933260_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211114_123753359_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200125_134302283_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231008_115115606~2.jpg
IMG_20211107_175507973_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200125_125713760_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was in Moshi Tanzania I asked our guide to take us to the open air market. He was very hesitant and warned us, that tourist don't go there. He called his boss and told them that that is what we wanted to do. His boss then asked us, if that is what we really wanted. We went, and it was interesting. We got a lot of strange looks, yet the people were incredibly friendly. We ate some of the most incredible fruit grown in the region. We walked for hours, and talked to so many people. And everyone of them were smiling. After that we drove to Arusha. Along the way we stopped a different businesses. We found this family that was making furniture, my wife fell in love with this hand made bed frame. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to figure out how we could ship it back to Wa state. That is the Africa I love. The dirty, gritty, smelly, but most importantly. The happiness that those people have without having. Just good people.
That's great, sounds like you had an awesome time though I'm not sure what it has to do with your original question.

This forum is one of very very diverse membership united by the common interest that is hunting Africa. Even though were a like-minded group for the most part, you will of course find differing viewpoints on every subject here as anywhere. I'm sure you can understand that even though you may have meant the question as an innocent one, it was bound to raise hackles and the eventual debate once a subject such as one referring specifically to race is posted. It's another one of those subjects that accomplishes nothing but angst and in the end was really quite irrelevant in the end only serving to stir the pot. It's the internet. Like texting, there is no way to relate context, inflection, or intent other than the written word.

If you have a point to your question that can be better explained, now would be the time to make it. Otherwise it just comes off as question of race without any forethought or self-researched input providing a basis for asking in the first place.

So, sorry, but as your question is presented, you should expect that it will be taken any number of ways and will be scrutinized to death. Best to be very clear in your intent...it's still the internet.

I don’t care if you’re white, black or pink with purple polka dots, as long as you operate with competence and integrity.

If you are not American, you could hunt Unit 6 in Zimbabwe. It is black owned. :unsure:

That's great, sounds like you had an awesome time though I'm not sure what it has to do with your original question.

This forum is one of very very diverse membership united by the common interest that is hunting Africa. Even though were a like-minded group for the most part, you will of course find differing viewpoints on every subject here as anywhere. I'm sure you can understand that even though you may have meant the question as an innocent one, it was bound to raise hackles and the eventual debate once a subject such as one referring specifically to race is posted. It's another one of those subjects that accomplishes nothing but angst and in the end was really quite irrelevant in the end only serving to stir the pot. It's the internet. Like texting, there is no way to relate context, inflection, or intent other than the written word.

If you have a point to your question that can be better explained, now would be the time to make it. Otherwise it just comes off as question of race without any forethought or self-researched input providing a basis for asking in the first place.

So, sorry, but as your question is presented, you should expect that it will be taken any number of ways and will be scrutinized to death. Best to be very clear in your intent...it's still the internet.
His point was he wanted to find an operator whom he could be certain was part of the local community rather than some transplant. Does simply being black ensure that an operator is from the community or acting in the native community's best interest? Well, obviously that is a question for which there is no black or white answer (no pun intended). One only has to look at how the infrastructure is being generally mismanaged and neglected in South Africa under mandated black management to understand that prescribed racial purity does not equate to community benefit.

His point was he wanted to find an operator whom he could be certain was part of the local community rather than some transplant. Does simply being black ensure that an operator is from the community or acting in the native community's best interest? Well, obviously that is a question for which there is no black or white answer (no pun intended). One only has to look at how the infrastructure is being generally mismanaged and neglected in South Africa under mandated black management to understand that prescribed racial purity does not equate to community benefit.
Likely, but his point needs to come from him. Your speculation is no different than mine.

Likely, but his point needs to come from him. Your speculation is no different than mine.
Guess you haven't read through all his responses. He made his point clear enough. I just reiterated it.

There are so many personal preferences in choosing who you hunt with it is overwhelming. Never encountered this one before.

Melanin enhanced or disabled. - I have never associated this with hunting. I've hunted with most shades of the rainbow.
While in Africa taking a kid hunting, who happened to be melanin enhanced, was great fun.
Taking a kid hunting, who happened to be female and melanin deprived, was great fun.
Both smiled, both had fun, both were appreciative. I was happy.

Assuming Melanin production is associated with community connection may leave you high and dry on your underlying goal. Whatever that may be. (community support, etc)
The allusions to and from Zimbabwe are obvious examples. Politics will slip in here very easily.

Congratulations for wanting to support local. The correlation with Melanin count is rather suspect though.

Enjoy your research.

Peter Chipman is African-American. Ignore the noise from “participants” in this thread. Unless you’re race baiting, then even I as a black man cannot partake in your expedition lol.

But yes, Peter is a brother who has his own outfit. Awesome to see you looking to support our own. Assuming this is the case.

JW

You related to him?

There are so many personal preferences in choosing who you hunt with it is overwhelming. Never encountered this one before.

Melanin enhanced or disabled. - I have never associated this with hunting. I've hunted with most shades of the rainbow.
While in Africa taking a kid hunting, who happened to be melanin enhanced, was great fun.
Taking a kid hunting, who happened to be female and melanin deprived, was great fun.
Both smiled, both had fun, both were appreciative. I was happy.

Assuming Melanin production is associated with community connection may leave you high and dry on your underlying goal. Whatever that may be. (community support, etc)
The allusions to and from Zimbabwe are obvious examples. Politics will slip in here very easily.

Congratulations for wanting to support local. The correlation with Melanin count is rather suspect though.

Enjoy your research.
So far the research has been kind of a kick in the grapes. And talk about the spin of a topic, wow.

Mmm....well as I am obviously a transplant must mean I am not correct....even though am married to a zambian girl...First set foot in zambia in 1990....was back and forwards from where I live and here...First invested here in around 1994 I think....obviously live here now and have done for a while.we assist the school over the river from us....the chief on that side is on our side big time.....so yeah transplants must not be all shit.....

Good looking Chessie and I am also a serious fellow wildfowler.
Easy to find common ground on this site, also easy to ruffle feathers. Interesting choice of forum name, please explain. . .

I used to race mountain bike for nearly 10 years. My team was know to be mischievous. The name was given, the name stuck. That and my first name rhymes with Sketchy.

Our Outfitter and PH in Tanzania was black, sort of, maybe a bit of brown tint to him. He has a nephew who was even lighter and a whitish PH working for him, not sure but I think that guy was white with a really good tan but then again?

In any case Sherdell O Shedell of Mwatisi Safaris has to be as good a Cat Man as there is on Africa;) For both lion and leopard he excelled and he delivered in spades.... no pun intended.

I highly recommend Sherdell, he is a Tanzania resident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al Gamecock

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you