Best read before breakfast

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Just received my 9.3x62 Sauer model 90 from shipping !

any ideas guys can it be pinned ?

Obv I will extract every last penny out of the shippers for this crime against humanity - indeed perhaps a phone call to the Hague maybe in order !

If the bloody rifle worked perhaps summary execution ! and no last ciggie - I am pissed !

Appreciate any and all advice

Sauer 90 Stock.jpg

Man, that sucks! At least there is enough to use as a club on the shipper!
Cody

You are a bloody genius - what an idea ....... some knees will not be working soon ...........

Would not even consider pinning with that caliber, especially where the separation is...complete new replacement stock without a doubt. What a shame

Even if you could successfully glue it together, you would never be happy with it. What a shame. Send her back.

They have used a very poorly grained stock to start off with so a replacement should be expected.

Looks like they shipped a suppository to me.

Restocked with a lovely new walnut with nice burl.
The emotional damage has been significantly traumatic to warrant a minor upgrade.

Turkish_Walnut_Gunstock_Blanks_Gun_Stock_Blank.jpg

If you have a competent gunsmith nearby, get a quote on the installation with proper bedding and the cost of a new stock and go after the shipper for it. Or send her back and hope the second one arrives in better shape.

Hope you did not buy it from Cabela's! I bought the most expensive gun I own from Cabela's in Anchorage AK, the yshipped it in a flin=msy box packed like it was a baseball bat from Wal Mart... but they insured it for full value... I arrived with a broken rear peep and messed up front site... Which they rightfully blamed on Fed Ex... Fed Ex has asked for a letter from them releasing Fed Ex from liability to Cabela's and permission ot pay me for the repairs... It has been almost 3 months and they can't send me a simple letter! It has been sent to their :"legal department"!!! But I won't give up and if need be I have my own legal department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.