Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.16 AM.png
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.04.47 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
WAB if I understand correctly you’re saying “$3500” for ONE item? Two are needed to Hunt at night 1). A Thermal Scanner. 2). A Thermal Scope. I’m still estimating that it’s over $5000 total to get in the game and over $15,000 for top equipment. With Thermal imaging the “quality & cost” directory relates to quality and effectiveness. It’s not like getting a Browning and having the exact same “Function” as a Holland & Holland for $50,000 less. I hope I’m wrong because I want to start (had enough of “Red Lights”) but I want very good quality and doubt I can afford more then $5000 to start

I would say that a pulsar trail is near the top of the spectrum and a thermal monocular can be picked up for $1k used. You can spend more if you want to but I’ve killed a lot of hogs and coyotes with what I have.

I would say that a pulsar trail is near the top of the spectrum and a thermal monocular can be picked up for $1k used. You can spend more if you want to but I’ve killed a lot of hogs and coyotes with what I have.
WAB, No hogs where I hunt (yet) and I need to tell Fox from Coyote. My friend had a lower priced Thermal - was poor even under 100 yrds and I used it once and switched back to Red Lights. The biggest improvement for me was getting a “dimmer switch” — starting out on very low illumination it still “lights Eyes” without spooking the animal….slowly increase illumination until target is clearly defined and “bang”. Maybe if I had better success calling (like when I hunt out West) I would invest in top equipment. I will need to keep looking for “used” and get lucky

WAB, No hogs where I hunt (yet) and I need to tell Fox from Coyote. My friend had a lower priced Thermal - was poor even under 100 yrds and I used it once and switched back to Red Lights. The biggest improvement for me was getting a “dimmer switch” — starting out on very low illumination it still “lights Eyes” without spooking the animal….slowly increase illumination until target is clearly defined and “bang”. Maybe if I had better success calling (like when I hunt out West) I would invest in top equipment. I will need to keep looking for “used” and get lucky

Look for a used trail. It will do what you want and is in your price range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KerstinPaq

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.