Any experience with the Winchester SXR2?

kypatchwork

Reaction score
Recently noticed that there’s been some of the Winchester SXR2 released in the US that are chambered in 9.3x62. A little research indicates that these are a pretty close (exact?) copy of the Browning BAR.

Anyone owned one of these or maybe a BAR in the chambering? I’m especially curious as to how the gas system might respond to different loads and if it tends to damage brass. I reload so that’s definitely something that’s important to me. Looking forward to any feedback you might have. Cheers.

Attachments

• Winchester International - Products - RIFLES - SEMI-AUTO - A-WSXR2COMPO.pdf
    159.2 KB · Views: 23
I have a Browning Short-trac in 7 WSM, and it has no particularly bad habits. Not exactly a reloader’s dream with brass flying etc., but aside from problems with the original camo finish, since replaced by Browning after a class action lawsuit, it’s been a good rifle. I’d buy it again.

bought an sxr in 30-06 and i am pleased with it. the bolt looks just like the bolt in my browning and in fact the whole gun looks like a long trac. i mounted a leupold euro 30 3-9x50 on it with a german #4 might i add that reticle is great. i shot it the other day and it seems to have reputable accuracy for an semi auto a 1" group at 100 yrds with a hornady 165 btsp. I like it cant wait to test it out this fall on a deer.

Interesting? I didn’t know Winchester was manufacturing these. I was kind of half looking at the Benelli R1 in a .338WM but a 9.3x62 might be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you