Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
North Amercian Hunting Club , SCI Life Menber National , NRA Life Member
Hunted
Africa , Canada, Mexico
Went to the eastren cape in April on my list was a caracal. The dogs were sent out every morning. the first morning we gave it 4 hrs then went looking for other animals. The dogs contined for a few more hrs. The dog man was Jeff Ford , he is good at his job. this happened for 8 days the one morning about 7:30 we got a call they had one treed miles away and the race was on.
The Ph did'nt scare me but one time I came off the seat on the dirt road. Made to the cat it was still treed , had many others in the past days that did'nt stay treed.
when I was at the tree where the cat was I knew it was a big one . I shot it with a Bretta shot gun, I like that because it did not mess up the cape . this was my first caracal and they said it was the biggest in along time.
I will be back and mabe do that again.

Attachments

• DSC00373.jpg
    DSC00373.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 136
Pretty cat.
Sounds like the car ride might have a place at Disney world.
Congrats on your trophy.

It's a great trophy! Congrats!

Congrats on your fine trophy! they remind me of a mini mountain lion I'm going to look into adding one of those to the list.

that is a big cat...good job..

I have to admit I am a bit jealous. Caracal was high on my list. Congrats, sounds like he was well earned.

Huge cat, congratulations !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.