ZIMBABWE: My 10 Day Buffalo & Plains Game Hunt With Sango Safari's

Drew416,

I'm sorry to hear that it took a bribe to get through customs/immigration. It infuriates me to hear that kind of stuff. These idiots in the government are biting the very hands that feed them. They are so ignorant to the fact that the sport hunting industry is one of their best imcome resources and this is what they choose to do with it...

It's sad for Zim and very omenous for other African countries following in those footsteps...

I concur wholeheartedly. But the same thing happened in Zambia in 2010 when I was working there in a Copper Mine and was applying for my multiple entry business visa, for the first time. They weren't getting away with it the second time around when it came time to renew.

Same thing will happen again with the Zimbabwe officials. Like I said- It would not stop me from going back. A little bit wiser now and am familiar with the paperwork and procedures. It makes a big difference portraying the image of someone that knows what he doing compared to the "walking ATM machine" image of a first time tourist.

Tipping and gratuities was something else I could not get my head around. Here in Australia we are NOT a tipping country. You get paid to do your job, no matter if it's a standard effort or excellent. In fact when I do a good job on a project at work I consider myself very lucky if my boss just gives me a kick up the arse and yells, "why did it take so long!".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.