Zimbabwe Buffalo 2023 - Recommendations

Just saw a recent comment and very disappointed with that person.
I’m very disappointed with persons who make comments without having been present then. Why don’t you ask John? He will confirm that there were just a couple of buffalo. Not knowing the facts but denying them is extremely stupid.

I’m very disappointed with persons who make comments without having been present then. Why don’t you ask John? He will confirm that there were just a couple of buffalo. Not knowing the facts but denying them is extremely stupid.
Do you really want to go there? Time for you to stop with the comments, please. There are plenty of Buffalo in the Bubye. The bush was thick when you hunted. Those are facts.

Do you really want to go there? Time for you to stop with the comments, please. There are plenty of Buffalo in the Bubye. The bush was thick when you hunted. Those are facts.

Agreed, I am very sorry @Mopani had a disappointing hunt. But two facts we know; John is one of the elite PH’s in Africa, and the Bubye has a healthy population of buffalo. I can’t really comment on the rest of the statements made as I was not there.

Hallo Leute,
hab das selbe problem.
Im August wurden drei Jäger wegen des Embargos in München aufgehalten und angeklagt.
Ich werde diese Woche 87.10.22) mit Ethiopian Airlines von Frankfurt über Addis Abeba nach Vic Falls fliegen.
Jetzt bin ich sehr unsicher.
Denken Sie darüber nach, ob es eine Lösung wäre, von Frankfurt nach Addis Abebe zu fliegen, die Gewehre zu überprüfen und sich für Neues zu den Wasserfällen einzufinden?
Ethiopian Airlines sagt nichts über das Embargo!
Ethiopian airlines, biete an, es mit Check-off und in für neues in Addis Abeba zu tun!
Ich bin sehr nervös!

Last edited:
Hallo Leute,
hab das selbe problem.
Im August wurden drei Jäger wegen des Embargos in München aufgehalten und angeklagt.
Ich werde diese Woche 87.10.22) mit Ethiopian Airlines von Frankfurt über Addis Abeba nach Vic Falls fliegen.
Jetzt bin ich sehr unsicher.
Denken Sie darüber nach, ob es eine Lösung wäre, von Frankfurt nach Addis Abebe zu fliegen, die Gewehre zu überprüfen und sich für Neues zu den Wasserfällen einzufinden?
Ethiopian Airlines sagt nichts über das Embargo!
Ethiopian airlines, biete an, es mit Check-off und in für neues in Addis Abeba zu tun!
Ich bin sehr nervös!
If my German does not fail me I understood your question. The best thing to do is buy separate tickets. If you have one ticket with final destination Zimbabwe you could be in big trouble. It is not up the Ethiopian to control the embargo but to customs.

That would be my advice. Why take the risks if two separate tickets would solve the problem.

If not possible or to expensive to buy separate tickets you could also decide to rent a rifle and keep yours safe at home.

If my German does not fail me I understood your question. The best thing to do is buy separate tickets. If you have one ticket with final destination Zimbabwe you could be in big trouble. It is not up the Ethiopian to control the embargo but to customs.

That would be my advice. Why take the risks if two separate tickets would solve the problem.

If not possible or to expensive to buy separate tickets you could also decide to rent a rifle and keep yours safe at home.

Fully agree with @DieJager . Purchase separate tickets.

Dear all, I am planning with a friend of mine a buffalo hunt, our target country is Zimbabwe.
We are looking for a fair hunt, no fenced area, no luxury necessary.

Do you have recommendations for safari operators, who are reliable and offer an affordable safari?
Dalton&York or CMS

Guten Morgen Freunde.
Ich habe mich jetzt entschieden, meine Waffen nicht mitzunehmen, das Risiko ist mir zu groß!
Es gibt widersprüchliche Aussagen, aber der Embargotext ist eindeutig!
Ein Freund wird im November nach Simbabwe fliegen.
Ihm hat die Bundespolizei am Flughafen Frankfurt auf Nachfrage gesagt: "es interessiert sie nicht"
Aber das reicht mir nicht aus, da man sowas natürlich nicht schriftlich bekommt!
Ein Ändern des Tickets war nicht mehr möglich, ohne das Geld zu verlieren.
Ich hoffe, daß sich sowohl Simbabwe, als auch unsere Organisationen der Sache annehmen!?
Ich fliege heute nach Vic Falls und freue mich auf die Jagd!

Waidmannsheil euch allen!

Kevin,
I have known Dalton since our first hunt at Sengwa in 2017, he was camp manager there and working on his PH license. He is a very upright/honest person and we hit it off right away. In 2019 we hunted the SVC with Mokore (Doug was out PH in the SVC and Sengwa). Dalton was managing the camp there with his girlfriend Jaimie, it was like a reunion, and he took and passed his PH test that October. I have since hunted Sengwa again in 2020, with Doug being my PH for the 3rd time. I have the highest regard for Mokore Safaris and you cannot go wrong with any of their PH's or areas. I do favor the accomodations in the Save, but like to hunt Sengwa better.
Yes @Proneshooter one of the great plusses of Makore is the chance of sitting around the fire with the senior Duckworths, it is like going back to the golden age. Bertie looked after us in camp and Barry helped us appreciate some fine Scotch, I was in heaven.

Guten Morgen Freunde.
Ich habe mich jetzt entschieden, meine Waffen nicht mitzunehmen, das Risiko ist mir zu groß!
Es gibt widersprüchliche Aussagen, aber der Embargotext ist eindeutig!
Ein Freund wird im November nach Simbabwe fliegen.
Ihm hat die Bundespolizei am Flughafen Frankfurt auf Nachfrage gesagt: "es interessiert sie nicht"
Aber das reicht mir nicht aus, da man sowas natürlich nicht schriftlich bekommt!
Ein Ändern des Tickets war nicht mehr möglich, ohne das Geld zu verlieren.
Ich hoffe, daß sich sowohl Simbabwe, als auch unsere Organisationen der Sache annehmen!?
Ich fliege heute nach Vic Falls und freue mich auf die Jagd!

Waidmannsheil euch allen!
Waidmannsheil ! Think you made the right decision. Safe travels!

One thing I can promise anyone is that if the area he was hunting had no Buffalo, John Sharp would refuse to book a Buffalo hunt.

He would most likely move out of the area completely, but he certainly would not book Buffalo hunts for an area that was lacking buffalo.
This is absolutely true!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonteDacey

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.