You've Booked Your Hunt, Now It's Time To Break In Your Boots. Tips To Help Prepare For Your Adventure

African Sporting Creations

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
africansportingcreations.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
unnamed.jpg

Dear Fellow Enthusiast,

As you gear up for the hunt of a lifetime, we want to share some valuable tips to ensure you make the most of your experience.

One of the essential aspects of a successful safari is comfortable footwear. To ensure your hunting boots provide the perfect fit and support, it's crucial to break them in before embarking on your journey. Take some time to wear your boots around the house or on short walks to allow them to mold to the unique contours of your feet. This will help prevent discomfort and blisters, allowing you to focus on the thrill of the hunt.

We have over 400 pairs of Courteney Boots in stock and ready to ship at our warehouse in Ohio. Find out for yourself why Courteney has developed a cult-like following from global adventurers.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

Good hunting,

Jim of @African Sporting Creations is a pleasure to deal with! Polite, knowledgeable, and professional he is. Ideally one would have Jim measure their and assist the customer in selecting the most appropriate Courteney boots and foot inserts if needed.

My wife and I drove to Jim's place in Ohio for just that. The result was 6 to 10 mile days in Zimbabwe caused no foot soreness. Well no more than the rest of our bodies!

We attended the DSC convention last week walking 10,000 steps each of three days. I wore Rockport walking shoes which were comfortable for about the first 3,000 steps . Gosh, I wish I had worn my walk all day Courteneys...

If you see Jim at SCI or another convention, take time to have him measure your feet. Then the next time you suffer sore feet, just call Jim...

PS: Jim offered me and I presume all others that if your mail order (UPS, FEDEX) Courteneys don't fit, send them back for an exchange.

I wish everyone would conduct business the way Jim does...

Last edited:
I can attest to the superior service at African Sporting Creations. I ordered a second pair of Courtney boots last spring but the sizing on the new one pair was not quite right. I sent Jim an e-mail and another pair were on their way before I'd gotten the first pair back to the post office.

Out of the box, the boot leather is supple and the soles are dense and heavy. They do take some breaking in but nothing more than any other Kennetrek or Danner that I own. They work best for dusty, dry, desert and rocky ground.

Good, solid boots complete with dressing, shoe brush, spare laces and a carry bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.