Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

And ypu can even have those 3 in one rifle

Blasphemi ;)
Not "Blasshemi"...It's spelled B-L-A-S-E-R. :ROFLMAO:

...and it's not blasphemous at all.

I would.t know where to finish but my favorite caliber is the 250-3000 for light stuff up to elk..9,3x62, 30-06, these days, 404 Jefferys for buffalo and DG should cover it.

I would.t know where to finish but my favorite caliber is the 250-3000 for light stuff up to elk..9,3x62, 30-06, these days, 404 Jefferys for buffalo and DG should cover it.
:oops:
What happen to your 338 WM and your 416 Rem, Ray?

25-06 - my first big game rifle and shot everything that moved with it for
The next 10 years. Seems to have fallen outa favour nowadays but a wonderful gun to shoot.
340 Weatherby- second rifle purchased and was a big step up. I have never seen such dramatic kills out to 600 yards than this rifle.
300 WSM- big punch in a small package. Extremely efficient cartridge and versatile. Bought several and all been excellent shooters

Gotta add the 6.5 Grendal too. Cool little cartridge in the Howa Mini. Has become my truck gun of choice now and takes everything from Skunks to bears cleanly. Fun to shoot.

25-06 - my first big game rifle and shot everything that moved with it for
The next 10 years. Seems to have fallen outa favour nowadays but a wonderful gun to shoot.
340 Weatherby- second rifle purchased and was a big step up. I have never seen such dramatic kills out to 600 yards than this rifle.
300 WSM- big punch in a small package. Extremely efficient cartridge and versatile. Bought several and all been excellent shooters

Gotta add the 6.5 Grendal too. Cool little cartridge in the Howa Mini. Has become my truck gun of choice now and takes everything from Skunks to bears cleanly. Fun to shoot.
Some good choices for sure.

To narrow down to 3 out of the hundreds is really no fair! But, for this this thread's answer
1) .240 Weatherby Mag
2) .300 Win Mag
3) .375 H&H
This might cover al the North American big game, but I would need to add the .458 Win Mag to that list to cover the African Plains game.

To narrow down to 3 out of the hundreds is really no fair! But, for this this thread's answer
1) .240 Weatherby Mag
2) .300 Win Mag
3) .375 H&H
This might cover al the North American big game, but I would need to add the .458 Win Mag to that list to cover the African Plains game.
458 for plains game?! You’re brutal. Haha

The 375 WBy thread got me thinking of my favorite hunting cartridges off all time.

Here are mine:

22 LR
9.3x62 (followed close my a 375 wby--less bark with the 9.3)
450/400 3" (really it was the gun it was in--but was a sweet shooting as they come)

Ed
.22 magnum
.257 Robert's
. 308 winchester

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frozenanna

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you