Why was the bring back Von Gruff thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow have I ever missed something this week! It’s unfortunate and I will miss Garry’s posts, but rules apply to everyone and I think the owner/moderators of AH are amazing.
Now what is an Ice Cuban???

On this forum I am not selling anything, I am not buying anything (except very likely to book the hunt in the future). So, in that respect, I am safe.
I try to be polite. Not to pick up the fight, that is not the reason for me to be here.

So, on this two accounts I have a good chance not to be banned. :)

This forum is the only public platform known to me that provides direct PUBLIC communication between the clients and outfitters - sponsors. From those communications, I have learnt a lot. Especially from negative reports, which are not too often. but still here
I dont know any other similar internet platform that provides similar service, so this forum is unique.

So, generally, this forum is very good system, sponsors to advertise, and clients to look around. It is commercial, yes, but what pays it stays.
Good feedback and public communication vets the sponsors, and keeps their reputation. And besides the advertising there is a good portion of sharing the information and knowledge (for free).
There are few forum members whose posts I enjoy reading daily, and I am grateful they are willing to share information.

I could not think of any better system on internet.
Jerome has done really good job to our common benefit.
I also agree with Red Leg and Brickburn in their previous posts.

Ice Cuban totally went over my head! That’s a new one for me

As a Canadian I thought it was hilarious if applied to Canada’s current PM as it speaks to the speculation of his true parentage. It is totally inappropriate when applied to Brickburn or any of the other Canadian members of this site.

As a Canadian I thought it was hilarious if applied to Canada’s current PM as it speaks to the speculation of his true parentage. It is totally inappropriate when applied to Brickburn or any of the other Canadian members of this site.
I’m Canadian too. I didn’t know he was referring to Brickburn when he made it. Is it Fidel’s bastard son, or does he think we are communists?

For anyone out of the loop.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ten years ago I started to have free time in my life and started exploring the internet. Much to my joy I found a sandbox that catered to my hobbies and passions. The sandbox had a number of like minded individuals already playing. Friendships grew. More people jumped into the sandbox. Bonds have strengthened with many over the years. I have been blessed to meet many individuals personally and have hunted with a few. In many ways it is hard to verbalize friendships that have developed with some people I have never met in person. I have met and visited with Jerome a number of times and consider him a friend.

Garry was one of the long term members of the sandbox. I always enjoyed what Garry said and created. He was certainly one of the foremost authorities regarding the 404J. Garry has talents way beyond mine and his craftsmanship was amazing. While I have never met Garry personally, I consider him a friend.

It is difficult when friends have disagreements and go their separate ways. But that happens. That's life.

What we have to remember is that Jerome is the reason we are all here today. Jerome and his lovely wife are the ones that fronted the finances, time, creativity and effort to build and maintain the sandbox we all enjoy.

To our sandbox!

A Votre Sante

Last edited:
Ten years ago I started to have free time in my life and started exploring the internet. Much to my joy I found a sandbox that catered to my hobbies and passions. The sandbox had a number of like minded individuals already playing. Friendships grew. More people jumped into the sandbox. Bonds have strengthened with many over the years. I have been blessed to meet many individuals personally and have hunted with a few. In many ways it is hard to verbalize friendships that have developed with some people I have never met in person. I have met and visited with Jerome a number of times and consider him a friend.

Garry was one of the long term members of the sandbox. I always enjoyed what Garry said and created. He was certainly one of the foremost authorities regarding the 404J. Garry has talents way beyond mine and his craftsmanship was amazing. While I have never met Gary personally, I consider him a friend.

It is difficult when friends have disagreements and go their separate ways. But that happens. That's life.

What we have to remember is that Jerome is the reason we are all here today. Jerome and his lovely wife are the ones that fronted the finances, time, creativity and effort to build and maintain the sandbox we all enjoy.

To our sandbox!

A Votre Sante
Well said, and I agree 100%

Garry was one of the long term members of the sandbox. I always enjoyed what Garry said and created. He was certainly one of the foremost authorities regarding the 404J. Garry has talents way beyond mine and his craftsmanship was amazing. While I have never met Gary personally, I consider him a friend.

To our sandbox!

A Votre Sante

That's one of the better stated responses to anything I have ever seen, and from someone with the perspective to do so. Thank you for sharing that.

That's one of the better stated responses to anything I have ever seen, and from someone with the perspective to do so. Thank you for sharing that.

Totally agree. Thanks Wheels!

I am deeply saddened by this situation; I love AH and I love Gary’s knifes. I believe I own the very first knife Gary made for an AH member, it was a gift from my father, I will miss Gary on this forum.
Go to his business web site, not connected to the forum. It has the international phone number to call and order all you want.

I just guessing, but I would bet that his AH EDC knife is going to be just an EDC knife….

:cry:

I’m guessing it’s a pejorative term for Canadians

Good guess. You need to consider the source and the prior content of the poster and it does not take large leap to grasp the intended insult.

Now what is an Ice Cuban???

The Communists south of America would be the warmer variety (You know the little Island with the Cigars) and the colder Communists northward are the colder variety bound in Icy Igloos. Those bad communists that abhor free speech and are everything Anti American. It is the great part of creative bigotry, you get to hide behind the innuendo and applied insult.

A cold sandwich, perhaps?
I'm more inclined toward the drink: Cuba Libre. Which I will gladly sip with anyone buying.

"The Cuba Libre’s creation can be traced to early 1900s Havana, shortly after the Spanish-American War. While there are variations on the Cuba Libre’s origin story, the dominant narrative attributes the drink to a U.S. Army captain living in Havana after being stationed there for the war. One day, while celebrating Cuba’s victory at a local bar, the captain added Coca-Cola and a little lime juice to his Bacardí rum and toasted his Cuban comrades by exclaiming, “Por Cuba Libre!” (“To a free Cuba!”), which was the slogan of the Cuban independence movement. The drink—and the name—stuck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you