Whitetail deer season 2023-2024

img_2_1701130479966.jpg

Harvested over thanksgiving weekend at my farm in central Alabama. 147 1/8. About as big as they get in that part of the world. I was very blessed.

Fierce reaper 6.5prc
Steiner predator 8 2-16x
Federal 130gr terminal ascent.
220 yard shot quartering towards

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

I was able to cap the season and finish the freezer filling with a beautiful doe this evening. Right at 100 pounds dressed, which is a pretty good doe for around here. Took her with my marlin 1895 45-70 in the first full season with straight wall cartridges here in IL. Shooting the Federal Hammer Down 300 grain loads, quartering away heart shot, she ran maybe 30 yards in to some thick stuff and was done for. Had an excellent season with my 8 pointer and now this doe. I'll hunt for one more buck off and on with my bow until season ends.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvested over thanksgiving weekend at my farm in central Alabama. 147 1/8. About as big as they get in that part of the world. I was very blessed.

Fierce reaper 6.5prc
Steiner predator 8 2-16x
Federal 130gr terminal ascent.
220 yard shot quartering towards

View attachment 572237
View attachment 572238
That's a heck of a buck! Looks way bigger than 147".

That's a heck of a buck! Looks way bigger than 147".
Thanks my man. It’s all genetics. Racks just don’t get as wide and long here in Alabama. 150” deer puts you in record books here. I’m jealous of how big y’all grow them in Illinois!

He has a broken right brow tine that would have put him over 150!
IMG_2751.jpeg
IMG_2748.jpeg

Thanks my man. It’s all genetics. Racks just don’t get as wide and long here in Alabama. 150” deer puts you in record books here. I’m jealous of how big y’all grow them in Illinois!

He has a broken right brow tine that would have put him over 150!View attachment 572314View attachment 572316
Well I live in Saskatchewan and I’ll tell you right now, I’d shoot that deer very happily without hesitation. He’s fantastic!

Thanks! First stud I’ve taken off my own farm I bought in 2019 so he is special to me in many ways.
That makes it even better!

We’ve had a great season so far this year. My oldest son got a nice 10 pt and my youngest decided he was ready and shot a doe on his first hunt out and a buck the following day.

IMG_5993.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_3167.jpeg
IMG_6102.jpeg

Got this Southern Indiana buck beginning of November with my Ravin.

IMG_5958.jpeg

I am really enjoying this thread. Especially seeing the young hunters and their successful deer photos. Let’s keep them coming! And let’s keep supporting those young hunters. They are our future.

Safe hunting

I shot this buck on public land in Ohio during bow season. Never scouted the area, just went on a whim and setup on a rub-line. I thought the triple bro tine was pretty cool.

I am really enjoying this thread. Especially seeing the young hunters and their successful deer photos. Let’s keep them coming! And let’s keep supporting those young hunters. They are our future.

Safe hunting
Truer words never spoken

CF13D0C7-B9A1-4EF2-A570-C268CF87C5B7.jpeg

8F50DE6B-9B37-45A7-9217-A4D0BBE32277.jpeg

7pt hermaphrodite. Still in velvet, no testicles, milk bag. Game warden called his penis underdeveloped but I’d call it very average.

Nosler independence 7mm-08 pistol
Trifecta handgun rest
Making weird memories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab77buzz

Latest profile posts

I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!