Which Cerokote black looks like original blueing?

Roosterlund

AH member
Reaction score
You guys helped me to decide on Cerokote for gun build but looking for advice on best black for rifle. It will be in its original wood stock semi gloss. I think gloss black may be to glossy not sure but had rifle in pic done in Cerokote color that is supposed to mimic gun blueing. I never cared for it my self. Most of the blacks say they are matte. Looking to be semi gloss. Is the Midnight color the one?

KIMG0082.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get a colour swatch sent free from Cerakote. Actual paint samples on metal.

From the samples I have at home Elite Blackout looks sort of like matt blueing.

Gloss blued Beretta on the left and matt finish M70 on the right.

IMG_8225.JPG

IMG_8226.JPG

As stated. SOCOM or midnight are the two my guy uses. He showed me a shotgun he did in midnight blue and I would have bet it was blued from 3 feet away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nedaalden

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.