When talking only new production, who makes the most affordable rifles in the following calibers today?

Wonder why they don’t list .375 h&h in the USA?
Web site is maybe not updated.
Send them email to zastava USA.

What I was reading back home, local news. They made contract for export to USA, 350 USD per rifle, prices of raw materials jumped afterwards, they are loosing money, director sacked, board sacked, labor unpaid, production stopped, new managements selling occasional from old available stocks in warehouse, etc... They made similar bad contracts with other importers to other countries. Factory is in commercial collapse, but will survive due to govt contracts.
Anything can happen with them export wise.

New Sako 90 is supposed to be produced in 375 H&H

I don't know if they still make them but I think Howa and Mossberg both made .375 Ruger rifles. Maybe not new but fairly recent production.
Savage does too.

Can't go wrong with a Winchester Model 70 in 375 H&H or 416 Rem Mag. I have different feelings about the 458 Win Mag. I think if a 416 isn't going to do it, jump up to a big .500

Mossberg makes a .375 ruger that is dirt cheap, but at least the one I own is a piece of shit. The Ruger's are nice guns I own an handful of those as well. I believe that savage also makes a .375 ruger, but I don't have an experience with that one
I was going to say Mossberg As well. I have heard the new ones are actually quite good. He asked for cheaper and hat may be it!

A Mini-Mauser in 22 Hornet? You'd be wise to snap that up quick. I know a lot of old timers that would be on that like a Hobo on a Hotdog!
Mmmm...dont worry...asked him to get me one a while ago but he said i have had an order in for long time but nothing coming or heard....so lucky I happened to pop in yesterday...when I saw the boxes I asked if there was a hornet in there somewhere...said yes one ...said its mine ...think he had to wait pushing 2 years or slightly less for this order to be fulfilled.....so as on the zastava thread I presume this was caused by their issues....I pulled one of the 375s out of its box to have a look....a basic rifle but looked fine to me....

1705416086178.png

This guy (on GunBroker) imports Zastavas, he's in Tennessee. I bought my 9.3x62 from him. He used to sell Zastava 375 H&H, don't know if he still does.

I think he makes a couple orders a year. Ping him directly on GB and see if he has anything or what's coming on his next in-bound.

I have a Winchester Safari Express 375 H&H
for sale. It’s like brand new. If your interested I can send pictures

The Savage 110 comes in 375 Ruger and depending on whether the "Brush Gun" or the "Bear Hunter" is chosen they can be had from about $800 to $1200 MSRP. Of course one may find them cheaper at various gun stores and gun sites.

The 110 is a push feed rifle so you may or may not want to consider that depending on you religion regarding push feed vs. controlled round feed. The 110 action is a time proven, accurate action, that is very strong. However many people are put off by their use of sheet metal mag boxes and the aesthetics of the rear of the bolt.

One thing about the 110 is there are many aftermarket upgrades such as pre-fit wood stocks to change the appearance, if that is your desire.

Also if a decent used 110 chambered in common mag calibers can be had at a good price, the 110 barrel can be easily changed and the headspace.

Headspace can be set on a 110 by just about anyone with a min. of tools, and very limited mechanical skills. So many existing 110's with common magnum chamberings can be rebarreled to the 375 Ruger with a min of work and expense. Models after the '90's can be easily converted to 375 H&H. The 375 H&H will require a mag box change and some slight stock work on the mag box area, unless it is an Ultra Mag chambering.

For me the 110 is a true nuts and bolts field gun, that can be improved greatly with simple glass bedding and an upgraded trigger.

The 375 Ruger will do anything the 375 H&H will do and vice versa. However the 375 H&H ammo is available anywhere in the world. At this time that can't be said for the Ruger.

They have both a 375 and 458 listed in this catalogue found on their website. I don't know if they're sold in the US though.
They are, though it may be a challenge to find them. The guy I bought my Zastava 9.3x62 from had several 375s in stock at the same time. He caters to people who shoot from the correct side of the rifle (the right side, if you were wondering), but I know they make them and they are sold here.

Check for Green Sporting (out of Tennessee) on gunbroker. Really nice guy. If he doesn't have any righties in stock, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Might as well think long term, though. Get yourself a 9.3x62 and a 404 or a 416. All quite suitable for everywhere except maybe the Karoo and the more desert regions of Namibia.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZNWilliem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.