What to sightsee after/before 12 day caprivi hunt

MCB

Reaction score
Member of
SCI, CWA, DU, Trout Unlimited
Hunted
RSA, Botswana, B.C., Yukon, Alberta, MT, WY, NV, CA, UT,CO
Hello,

So I have booked a 12 day ele/ Cape buffalo hunt in the caprivi in August 2025. Im taking my gf along as an observer. I have been to RSA several times as well as Botswana. However, it will be her first trip to Africa. What sights should we visit. I have Victoria falls for a couple of days planned to add on, but am asking folks for their recommendations as extra days . Can do up to 18 days total ( including hunt). Skeleton coast ? Chobe lodges for game viewing ? Open to peoples ideas. Thanks

Mark
- long time scroller but first time post

Take a ride to Victoria falls through several national parks in Botswana and Zimbabwe and looking across to Zambia at points. Your driver will be dodging elephants the entire time. Enjoy dining at and stay overnight at the Safari Lodge or other place of your choosing. Cross the Livingstone bridge and stay over there as well. If the weather is good you can sit in the river in the devil's hole and look down across the gorge into Zimbabwe.

Where in the caprivi? There are several major national parks where you can do some serious wildlife viewing.

What does she enjoy? After 12 days observing your hunt, she may find it a bit redundant to go observe game, even if it’s different game than what you’d been seeing. Star viewing and gourmet dinners in Sousousvlei look amazing to me but she’ll probably be happiest if those days center on her interests, not mine or yours.

Skeleton coast,(utv ride on the dunes, surf fishing etc). Etosha Nat Park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathieLope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!