What else is in your trophy room?

The corrugated hookup for the hippie lure is interesting. Allows the angler to attach the line at different spots to change the pitch of the decoy. Is the tail jointed? A lot of work went into making that one!
Yes, many fish decoys have variable points for line connection to give a slightly different action as the decoy is moved up and down in the water.

IMG_4649.JPG

Yes, many fish decoys have variable points for line connection to give a slightly different action as the decoy is moved up and down in the water.

View attachment 557211
The nice/unique? thing about the corrugated design is it doesn't require unhooking/retying to change the action. Just slide the knot over to another hump. Ingenious actually.

Here’s a few, more familiar type decoys. An Old Squaw by unknown carver, couple of Mason mallards, a Purdue mallard and a Blair black duck…. I think the woke community has changed the name of the Old Squaw :)

3078E0C9-A6CA-4254-ACB7-8173B557AFA0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a few, more familiar type decoys. An Old Squaw by unknown carver, couple of Mason mallards, a Purdue mallard and a Blair black duck…. I think the woke community has changed the name of the Old Squaw :)

787EC24B-C511-4802-A905-FB50CE55F15F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
many of you have been very blessed!-thank you for sharing. Similar to some of you I have the odd decoy, prints from banquets, and a couple favorite bronzes. There are afew awards from special projects and some hard to photograph taxidermy.
I noted a wonderful white winged dove in one of Hunt Anything’ pictures so am sharing a pic of my mourning dove-some trophies are small but not to be overlooked! Trinkets and saved brass with animals, places and dates on them, quills and skulls, shed antlers, duck calls and dads old fly rod. . .
IMG_8211.jpeg

many of you have been very blessed!-thank you for sharing. Similar to some of you I have the odd decoy, prints from banquets, and a couple favorite bronzes. There are afew awards from special projects and some hard to photograph taxidermy.
I noted a wonderful white winged dove in one of Hunt Anything’ pictures so am sharing a pic of my mourning dove-some trophies are small but not to be overlooked! Trinkets and saved brass with animals, places and dates on them, quills and skulls, shed antlers, duck calls and dads old fly rod. . .View attachment 557252
Best dove mount I’ve seen! Nice touch with the Cone Flowers!!

I noted a wonderful white winged dove in one of Hunt Anything’ pictures so am sharing a pic of my mourning dove-some trophies are small but not to be overlooked! Trinkets and saved brass with animals, places and dates on them, quills and skulls, shed antlers, duck calls and dads old fly rod. . .View attachment 557252
The dove is extraordinary.

IMG_4532.jpeg
Almost forgot. This seems to be the biggest hit in my trophy room with the non hunter types

Now you see it…..

1694700014610.jpeg

Now you don’t.

Attachments

• IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
When your wife talks you into shooting a waterbuck (2018) and a gemsbok (2021) as mine did you know you have a keeper. Of course when they show up in a crate to be put on the wall it’s “what was I thinking”

On our first trip to SA, my wife gave me marching orders that we were not leaving Africa without a Kudu. The funny thing about it, is that she spotted the kudu, and her voice has a high pitch when excited, and she'll wake up the dead. Well, when she spotted the kudu, all she could do was scream "kudu, kudu, kudu" and the PH and I were going, where, where. I shot the kudu, and the shoulder mount sits over the TV in our family room. She tells everyone, that it's her kudu, it's not mine, it's all hers. LOL!!!!! We still laugh about that hunt.

My trophy/great room isn’t as dressed up or as fancy as some on this site but we do have some nice signed and numbered AP prints on canvas from John Banovich as well as several signed and numbered AP prints from my friend, Jim Tschetter. Also some from Leon Parson, Hayden Lambson and Rosemary Mellette. Sorry about the glare on the pictures.
IMG_1344.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1348.jpeg
IMG_1339.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1337.jpeg
IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg

One of Jim’s most famous “Clear Creek Crossing” is of my late friend, Bob Martin. Bob died last year of a heart problem while deer hunting in NV.
IMG_1334.jpeg
Jim won the Arts in the Parks contest with this one depicting the Yellowstone Fires.
IMG_1331.jpeg

“Heads Up” by Jim.
IMG_1332.jpeg

A horse wreck that Bob’s wrangler, John Watt got in.
IMG_1335.jpeg

Original photo of my paternal grandfather holding his Browning Auto 5 while hunting the slough on our South Dakota farm. He taught me to hunt. He wouldn’t shoot at ducks or geese unless he had two lined up for each shot.
IMG_1341.jpeg
The usual leather furniture, carvings and bronzes.
IMG_1340.jpeg

Some skulls and B&C certificates on my gun safe.

Last edited:
I ask you the same question that I ask our hunters when they tell me they probably won’t mount their trophy animal because their wives don’t like taxidermy or allow it in the house.

Does your wife make the mortgage payment by herself or do you?
Lol…my answer to that Scott is do you like to sleep alone?

My trophy/great room isn’t as dressed up or as fancy as some on this site but we do have some nice signed and numbered AP prints on canvas from John Banovich as well as several signed and numbered AP prints from my friend, Jim Tschetter. Also some from Leon Parson, Hayden Lambson and Rosemary Mellette. Sorry about the glare on the pictures.View attachment 557438

View attachment 557432View attachment 557433View attachment 557434View attachment 557435View attachment 557436View attachment 557437
View attachment 557439
One of Jim’s most famous “Clear Creek Crossing” is of my late friend, Bob Martin. Bob died last year of a heart problem while deer hunting in NV.View attachment 557440Jim won the Arts in the Parks contest with this one depicting the Yellowstone Fires.
View attachment 557442
“Heads Up” by Jim.
View attachment 557443
A horse wreck that Bob’s wrangler, John Watt got in.
View attachment 557444
Original photo of my paternal grandfather holding his Browning Auto 5 while hunting the slough on our South Dakota farm. He taught me to hunt. He wouldn’t shoot at ducks or geese unless he had two lined up for each shot.View attachment 557445The usual leather furniture, carvings and bronzes.
View attachment 557447
Some skulls and B&C certificates on my gun safe.
Fabulous paintings!!! Truly!!!

I love that Ad
View attachment 556824
My code for life. Gifted my my daughter
View attachment 556820
Photo on canvas of an elephant taken by my wife at Nehimba Camp in Hwange. 3 x 5 or so. If it looks like it was taken from 10-12 feet, it’s because IT WAS TAKEN FROM 10-12 FEET

View attachment 556821
The Travis letter. If you have to ask, it won’t mean anything to you. Hand painted by an artistic son in law to match the original.

View attachment 556822
Opening paragraph written by some obscure, wannabe romance author. Gifted by my daughter

View attachment 556825
An Admiral Baker gun rack built by my son. My zebra and buffalo skin

View attachment 556827Roorkhee chairs.

View attachment 556828
Cool ass bar. Anyone in the Lake Houston area, stop in and we’ll throw one back
I love that Admiral Baker Gun rack

You guys are killing me, I’m still putting my Den together, it will be the last room finished in the house per the bosses instruction.
76622269-6373-41D0-8EAD-1A6D035CB4BA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg