What are you up to this year? 2024 hunting plans!

Rcarlson375

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Vanuatu
Hey folks,

I never introduced myself to the forum. Long time lurker that finally joined!

Sitting in a hotel between work flights at the moment, planning out this year's hunting calendar. The lead up to a hunt and all of the planning is one of my favorite parts. So far on the books for 2024 I'll be attending SCI in Nasville to meet outfitters for Spain Ibex maybe in 2025? Who knows. After that I will be headed back to South Africa in May to celebrate my 30th birthday. June looks like some black bear hunting with friends between shooting NRL/PRS matches. August my hunting partner and I are headed out for a 10-day DIY fly out Dall Sheep hunt. If 10 days in a tent isn't enough, we also planned a 15 day fly out DIY moose hunt, mid to late September.

I'd like to hear what everyone else has planned? What adventures are you looking forward to?

Cheers, Reed
Wasilla, AK

This year I hope to get a black bear hunt or a antelope hunt in. Going to the great American outdoor show in February so will no more after that.
2025 africa for cape buffalo.

Looks like you have a great hunt plan. There's another thread someone started a few weeks ago with this same theme and a lot more replies

:S Welcome:

Quiet year for me after switching to a new company for work. No Africa trip this year, looking at 2026. I'm heading to south Texas for Nilgai this winter; Canada for a walleye/pike trip and northern Wisconsin for grouse and woodcock. Maybe North Dakota for waterfowl and upland birds. Some folks here have some nice hunts set up, wish you all the best.

There's always domestic big game hunting for Sambar, Axis, Muntjac, Serow & Nilgai. Combined with upland hunting (rabbit, pheasant, dove, green pigeon). And of course, waterfowl hunting (greylag geese, bar headed geese, common sheldrakes, pintails, widgeons, whistling deals, snipe).

On the international level, I hope to do some driven partridge hunting in Spain and an Ibex in Pakistan. Maybe a scrub bull in Australia.

Since I went on my last African safari (for hippopotamus on land) in 2023, I hope to return to Africa again in 2025 (for wild lion).

Hey folks,

Sitting in a hotel between work flights at the moment, planning out this year's hunting calendar. The lead up to a hunt and all of the planning is one of my favorite parts. So far on the books for 2024 I'll be attending SCI in Nasville to meet outfitters for Spain Ibex maybe in 2025? Who knows. After that I will be headed back to South Africa in May to celebrate my 30th birthday. June looks like some black bear hunting with friends between shooting NRL/PRS matches. August my hunting partner and I are headed out for a 10-day DIY fly out Dall Sheep hunt. If 10 days in a tent isn't enough, we also planned a 15 day fly out DIY moose hunt, mid to late September.

I'd like to hear what everyone else has planned? What adventures are you looking forward to?

Cheers, Reed
Wasilla, AK
Zim in July, AK Western Range in September, and Spain in December.

Hello & welcome
fallow deer - Feb/March
blue wildebeest - May
springbuck - June
hopefully gemsbuck - whichever date suites.
then a few weekend hunts for warthog & blesbuck

Happy hunting to all & dont let the buck f@#% off with your bullet ...

Spain in November/December
Oregon Elk in November
Oregon deer in October
Maybe some birds as well

Welcome to AH Reed! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Live in Alberta so:

Spring bear diy (first time so likely a nice walk in the mountains glassing avalanche chutes)

Gunwerks LRU 3 in late June to get my shooting tuned up.

First trip to Africa in Sept - Namibia with Kowa’s for kudu, gemsbok, eland, springbok, and impala!

Whitetail deer in November with my brothers in law, nephews and boys (6&9). Have to be 12 to hunt, but getting out there with family and sharing the outdoors is part of the pleasure.

Thinking about SCI/DSC in 2025, would like to do the FTW SAAM safari course in 2025 or 6 followed by my first Cape buffalo hunt that same year.

Hey folks,

Cheers, Reed
Wasilla, AK
Hey! Welcome to Africa Hunting!

January/February a couple of good driven hunts in Spain.

April for roedeers.

May/June South Africa for kudu, nyala, waterbuck, impala, blesbuck, warthog and probably blue or black wildebeest.

A bit of wildboar night hunting between june to september.

October/November probably to the Alps for chamois hunting.

Im spanish, so if you need any help with the ibex feel free for a pm!

Busy 2024, in April I am heading to South Africa with my son-in-law on his first safari. We are hunting with Charl at Infinito Safaris. In early July, snook fishing in Florida and later in July, flying to the Caprivi Strip with a buddy to hunt elephant and lechwe with Ndumo Safaris and Karl Stumpfe. October I head to Tanzania and Kilombero North Safaris to tigerfish for 10 days and then November I hunt mule deer in the sand hills of Nebraska. Like I said, making up for lost time during Covid. For 2025 I am kicking about... looks like the Moyowosi with Adam Clements for buff and tigerfish on the Malagrassi River. We will see what else stirs the imagination, possibly back to Botswana for big kudu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you