Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

High Temps over the next week range from 61 to 27. Lows from 34 to 4. With sustained winds up to 45mph on some days. No moisture. Gotta love the South Plains of Texas.

100 km South of Moscow
IMG-20240113-WA0007.jpg

A good friend if mine is manning the Leica booth. Said today was busy and he's having a good time.
I spoke to the fellow’s in that booth for a bit. Good guys

we have a blizzard blowing here for the next 4 days and temps are expected to be -25 and wind chill -53 degrees wish I had a fire place but no way to put a stove or fireplace in this house due to the way it is set up so turn up the propane and run a small space heater

12F here today! Its a new record low for this day. Bring on the global warming!!
That's why it no longer called "Global Warming" and instead those blathering idiots are clinging to the term "climate change" ... like they've been around for the millions of years of earth history and know how to control it suddenly.

I hunted this morning and it was 21F and I about froze. I honestly don’t know how you guys do it.
Must just be tougher than me. I can’t keep my toes warm.

Scott, any good bulls missed or killed yet in the late season ?
Just one good bull for two hunters. Turned down a few other bulls. We have no snow. Haven’t even seen a bull in the Glade where you got yours! Bulls still up pretty high. The Forest Service didn’t get a couple roads fixed yet after the big summer rains eroded the roads following the big fire. Lots of elk in that area but we legally can’t get there because the FS has them officially closed until repaired. The road is scheduled to be fixed this coming summer. Next year will be better with that area open, snow or no snow. We can usually use trax machines on the seasonally closed roads but this road closure is all encompassing except to foot and horseback. There’s no way to get a horse trailer within 5 miles of the unloading point. We could pack in a tent camp but there’s no way to keep drinking water from freezing. With the road open to trax machines next year, we will be good to go.

On that January hunt we walked many miles looking over alot of bulls. Hoping for new bulls migrating out of Rocky Mountain National park. Then then after a good snowfall. A whole new group migrated out.

My bull was with 3 other large bulls. One at 300” two in the 320”, 330” range and after I was on my rifle ready to shoot the 320-330 bull. When I saw a 4th bull.
I asked Andy about the one in the middle that just popped over the ridge.

Andy swung his binos over and instantly said. “Shoot that bull !”
I was already on him when Andy gave me the go ahead and fired.

If anyone has Colorado points. This unit 20 hunt is a sleeper
IMG_3522.jpeg
IMG_3444.jpeg
IMG_3431.jpeg
IMG_3504.jpeg

On that January hunt we walked many miles looking over alot of bulls. Hoping for new bulls migrating out of Rocky Mountain National park. Then then after a good snowfall. A whole new group migrated out.

My bull was with 3 other large bulls. One at 300” two in the 320”, 330” range and after I was on my rifle ready to shoot the 320-330 bull. When I saw a 4th bull.
I asked Andy about the one in the middle that just popped over the ridge.

Andy swung his binos over and instantly said. “Shoot that bull !”
I was already on him when Andy gave me the go ahead and fired.

If anyone has Colorado points. This unit 20 hunt is a sleeper View attachment 580097View attachment 580098View attachment 580099View attachment 580100
Excellent bull! Congratulations on a very successful hunt. I never hunted GMU 20, but should have done that 40 years ago.

1830 hrs. In Milibizi Zimbabwe about 75F.

Castle beer is about 33F

Zambezi is rising.

Lon

-1 F here and calling for up to 36 inches of snow this weekend. Fireplace is going strong and much appreciated.

8 inches new snow and more to come at my house in the valley. Ski resorts getting their abundance. Supposed to get to mid teens F. When this wave moves on. Bills vs Steelers postponed until Monday. A buddy of mine spent 12 days in Alaska hunting ducks and only got to hunt two days due to winds and snow. Not sure where they were but the two days they hunted they did well on harlequins and long tailed ducks.

That's why it no longer called "Global Warming" and instead those blathering idiots are clinging to the term "climate change" ... like they've been around for the millions of years of earth history and know how to control it suddenly.
Yep. And our idiotic Liberal government has changed our weather agency name from Environment Canada to Environment and Climate Change!

They're in the Bahamas!
Did you and your buddy make it to the Sportsmans Expo? I was going to go, but hate to drive downtown. Usually light rail it, but with temps -10, did not want to get stuck waiting for a late train. Last day tomorrow, so will have to make a decision. Was it worth the drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikoans2

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you