Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member SCI, Benefactor NRA, NMLRA.
Hunted
RSA, Namibia
To my knowledge Norma has long since discontinued loading this cartridge. If by chance you know of a stash anywhere for sale or trade, please let me know. Thanks!

Possible trade stock as there are multiple boxes of everything pictured.

20240323_112346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The brass in the tub is Hornady 404J, Norma 9.3x74r, and possibly some RWS 9.3x64 up for the right trade.

20240327_181121.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge Norma has long since discontinued loading this cartridge. If by chance you know of a stash anywhere for sale or trade, please let me know. Thanks!
@Dirtdart
Ro get the best out of the 257 Roberts it is really a reloaders proposition. Most dare I say all Roberts ammo even the plus P is dreadfully under loaded. The Roberts is capable of outstanding performance. A 100 grainer at over 3,200 fps and a 115-117 grainer at 2,900 fps is far better than any factory ammo.
Just my humble opinion and 25 cal rant
Bob

The back story on this is that a good friend has recently acquired a beautiful little rifle in 257AI.
The intention was to run some factory stuff through it and load the fire formed brass. I am a fan of Norma brass but I can't remember seeing it sold as a component. I have some Winchester ammo that will be good enough but I really wanted to compare it to the Norma. This is a back burner project so not in a hurry. Bob my friend, your opinion always carries weight with me on all things 25 caliber!:D Cheers:

The back story on this is that a good friend has recently acquired a beautiful little rifle in 257AI.
The intention was to run some factory stuff through it and load the fire formed brass. I am a fan of Norma brass but I can't remember seeing it sold as a component. I have some Winchester ammo that will be good enough but I really wanted to compare it to the Norma. This is a back burner project so not in a hurry. Bob my friend, your opinion always carries weight with me on all things 25 caliber!:D Cheers:
@Dirtdart
The 257 Roberts was initially just the 7x57 necked down to 25cal. Maybe if you want to use Norma brass you could use 7x57 brass.
Bob

I have the same problems getting brass and ammo for Tina's.257 Roberts. The only brass in 7x57 that I've been able to find is PPU, and when I'm out of the Hornady and Nosler brass that I have now, that will be my go to for forming ammo.

Both Hornady and Nosler produce small batches of ammo every few years, but you really have to scrounge for it.

@Dirtdart

I have 50 new Winchester brass in sealed factory bag and 120+ once fired brass that’s been tumbled, sized, trimmed & chamfered .257Rob brass

Will sell cash or trade for .404j brass for it.
Thanks @deewayne2003 I appreciate that and will PM you if I can't find exactly what I am looking for.

@Dirtdart
The 257 Roberts was initially just the 7x57 necked down to 25cal. Maybe if you want to use Norma brass you could use 7x57 brass.
Bob
I have some Norma 6mm that I could neck up to .257 and that way I can claim that I bought it just for that purpose and maybe no one would think I am the kind of guy that owns a rifle chambered in such a caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbyRigby0

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you