AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, U.S.A., Namibia, England, South Africa
Hello out there to all in Forum land,
I am in need of some 400 gr Swift A-Frames to feed a .404 Jeffery. I have brass and a good supply of Hornady DGX bullets for practice, but I would really like to get started on a serious buffalo load.
I have looked extensively throughout the web, but everything seems to be out of stock, or on back order. I am further handicapped by living in Canada, and our out of stock and back order times are multiplied it seems.
So, I am calling out to any Forum members who may have some of these projectiles that are surplus to their needs, or who may know where there is a stash of these Unicorn eggs, and are willing to help out a beginner hand loader.
Thanks to you all, and best wishes in 2023!

You might try phoning Swift and ask them. I did that about a year ago and the found 2 boxes of 404, 400 gr bullets for me.

BTW, I just went to Swift's website and they have 375 cal, 300 gr bullets in stock.

You might try phoning Swift and ask them. I did that about a year ago and the found 2 boxes of 404, 400 gr bullets for me.

BTW, I just went to Swift's website and they have 375 cal, 300 gr bullets in stock.
Thanks, I'll give them a try!

Good luck, DmacD! Not a lot of 404 Jeff projectiles being made at the moment, especially with Woodleigh out of commission.

A few of us in the UK are using MME bullets: http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk/

Pete's a very helpful guy and makes interesting bullets. He also guides in BC.

He makes a bonded bullet called the Cariboo which he uses in his own 404 Jeff.

The bullets will shoot.

1672824802950.png

Velocity is at target as is SD.

Scrummy

Good luck, DmacD! Not a lot of 404 Jeff projectiles being made at the moment, especially with Woodleigh out of commission.

A few of us in the UK are using MME bullets: http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk/

Pete's a very helpful guy and makes interesting bullets. He also guides in BC.

He makes a bonded bullet called the Cariboo which he uses in his own 404 Jeff.

The bullets will shoot.

View attachment 509146

Velocity is at target as is SD.

Scrummy
Thanks for reaching out Scummy,
A question to you: Would you trust this bullet on a Cape Buffalo hunt to be tough enough ?
I am a novice reloader, so have not developed enough experience to say whether a projectile looks or feels like a good candidate or not. Also, this would be my first dangerous game hunt, so I have zero experience in determining what is likely to happen when a Buffalo is hit with one projectile vs. another. All of my knowledge is from reading what others have to say.
Dean

Hi Dean, I've not done my first DG hunt yet so I'm probably not qualified to tell you.

The Cariboo is bonded so I would hope tough enough.

If you reach out to Pete, he's very helpful. I think some have used his bullets on DG but I don't want to pass on second info.

Best,

Scrummy

I have 2 partial boxes of Woodleigh 400 grain softs and solids. Don't know if I REALLY need them. Let me know if you get in a jam and I'll see if I can help.

Reloading International has a wide variety of North Fork's for the 404, just not 400 gr soft's, they are getting another shipment after the first of the year, I gave up on NF's for a while but now they are getting some bullet's made, unlike swift and nosler

As far as North Fork's soft and solid's, none better in my opinion, easy to get accurate loads in all the gun's I have tried them in. Performance is excellent, the 380 gr SS and CPS would be a great combo in the 404.

I have 2 partial boxes of Woodleigh 400 grain softs and solids. Don't know if I REALLY need them. Let me know if you get in a jam and I'll see if I can help.
Thanks Nevada Mike, I appreciate the offer. Another member on the Forum has offered up some of his North Fork bullets, so I have taken him up on those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakuli375

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek