Wanted 2-12 Leopold

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Image1711680155.763881.jpg

This is my go to Africa scope. Shot everything from buf at 20 yards to Klipspringer at 340 yards.

Sent one back for repairs, they repaired it sent it back to me, on the way back it was stolen. After a couple calls Leopold replaced it. They don’t make it anymore so gave me a 3-18.

Anyway I’m wondering if anyone has one they want to sell or where might have one still available. Thanks

View attachment 596229

This is my go to Africa scope. Shot everything from buf at 20 yards to Klipspringer at 340 yards.

Sent one back for repairs, they repaired it sent it back to me, on the way back it was stolen. After a couple calls Leopold replaced it. They don’t make it anymore so gave me a 3-18.

Anyway I’m wondering if anyone has one they want to sell or where might have one still available. Thanks

I’ve got one that I could be talked out of. Send me a PM if you want to discuss.

Not the exact same scope, but I have a 2-12 Firedot with the Hunter 4 reticle I believe it's called. If interested, pm me. Thanks.

The physical dimensions and the magnification range of that scope make it one of the best all around models Leupold has ever made. If Leupold would take the VX-6HD 2-12x42 and put some standard capped turrets and get rid of the golden bling that would be a winner.

Great scopes, especially for the money. I've had one on my M70 375 from day one and no reason to change it.

I’ve got a vx-5 with firedot in 3.5-14 I would trade you for the 3-18. Can send pix and double check the specs if you wish. Just drop me a pm

I was beat to the punch on WAB’s scope. So if someone else has one they would like to part with or knows of a business that may have one I’d appreciate the chance. Thanks

View attachment 596229

Not making 2-12x anymore?? Fools! I’ve got two with CDS and love them.

Attachments

• Leupold VX-6 HD 2-12x42 Rifle Scopes - Leupold VX-6 HD 2-12x42 Scope Sale - Sport Optics.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 8
Just curious…USPS, FedEx, or UPS as the shipper?

USPS but I believe it happened at Leopold. There was a VX2, VX3, VX5, and VX6. The 2 and 3 arrived. All 4 boxes were in the box the two higher priced scopes gone, paperwork of repairs for all four were there. Box was perfect, the weight on shipping label was correct for four scopes but we weighed on arrival and it was 2 something pounds short, the exact weight of those two scopes.

They knew what they were doing.

USPS but I believe it happened at Leopold. There was a VX2, VX3, VX5, and VX6. The 2 and 3 arrived. All 4 boxes were in the box the two higher priced scopes gone, paperwork of repairs for all four were there. Box was perfect, the weight on shipping label was correct for four scopes but we weighed on arrival and it was 2 something pounds short, the exact weight of those two scopes.

They knew what they were doing.
I hate thieves.

View attachment 596229

This is one of my favorite scopes. I features it in the recent DG scopes video. I can’t believe they quit making it.

They also make a vx5HD 2-10, one that comes with CDS z-lock and a cheaper model that has regular turret, which is cheaper. Same lenses as the vx6hd, which are better lenses than the older regular vx6 had

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frozenanna

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you