UPS

UPS in my area is horrible. my driveway is roughly 1500' long and they usually dump my stuff at the gate. BS! I have called and bitched to the supervisor I want my packages delivered to my house, lazy bastard still leaves at road.
Had $1200 worth of stuff delivered dropped at gate and pouring down rain not covered, another time I had a $1100 scoped they took 1/2 down driveway and was stood up on end I almost ran over it. Called again same thing so now if I have option I deny UPS.
My driveway is a 3rd of that and they do the same shit to me. I hate UPS.

As messed up as the NRA is, I reluctantly agree with you. They may need an overhaul, but they are what we’ve got.
That is a different discussion. SCI and NRA (together and separately depending on the issue) are the only two organizations that truly make an impact in DC.

That is a different discussion. SCI and NRA (together and separately depending on the issue) are the only two organizations that truly make an impact in DC.

I have spent the last 20+ years working in general assemblies around the country and on the Hill, in all those years I have never once met a lobbyist working for the GOA, not once. You can drive by their strip mall office in VA and see a couple very nice cars parked out front, but not lobbyists working anyplace that actually matters.

Out of 535 members of Congress, 535 know what the NRA is. Not more a very small handful have ever heard of the GOA. The vast majority would think you mean the Government Accountability Office. The NRA is the only game in town.

I have spent the last 20+ years working in general assemblies around the country and on the Hill, in all those years I have never once met a lobbyist working for the GOA, not once. You can drive by their strip mall office in VA and see a couple very nice cars parked out front, but not lobbyists working anyplace that actually matters.

Out of 535 members of Congress, 535 know what the NRA is. Not more a very small handful have ever heard of the GOA. The vast majority would think you mean the Government Accountability Office. The NRA is the only game in town.

I agree, I just wish they’d get their act together.

There has been a recently announced lawsuit by the State of NY against 10 online retailers, including Brownells. Allegedly, Brownells has shipped a number of prohibited frames (including one used to assemble a ghost gun and shoot 3 people). State undercover operation ordered a prohibited frame and Brownells shipped it out recently.

Regarding UPS, I am sure they consulted their in-house attorneys once this went public and weighed their own liability of doing business with the listed companies going forward.

There has been a recently announced lawsuit by the State of NY against 10 online retailers, including Brownells. Allegedly, Brownells has shipped a number of prohibited frames (including one used to assemble a ghost gun and shoot 3 people). State undercover operation ordered a prohibited frame and Brownells shipped it out recently.

Regarding UPS, I am sure they consulted their in-house attorneys once this went public and weighed their own liability of doing business with the listed companies going forward.

It will take a couple years, but the "ghost gun" laws are going to be get tossed.

I took a scope to the UPS store about 4 weeks ago to ship back to Leupold for a warranty repair.
I was told they could not ship “firearm components”.
I was going to educate the young man but after looking at his man bun and skinny jeans, I realized it would be a waste of time. I just shook my head and walked out.

FedEx is a horrible alternative in my area.

I took a scope to the UPS store about 4 weeks ago to ship back to Leupold for a warranty repair.
I was told they could not ship “firearm components”.
I was going to educate the young man but after looking at his man bun and skinny jeans, I realized it would be a waste of time. I just shook my head and walked out.
I believe the UPS stores are privately owned and can make their own policies and rules.

FedEx is a horrible alternative in my area.

I had to send 2 firearms back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. I had to send them FedEx as these were handguns.

These firearms are no longer in production so now I'm to receive 2 replacement firearms being sent to a local FFL for transfer to me. Hopefully the replacement firearms will arrive next week by FedEx.

Since I'll already be in Atlanta on Tuesday to pick up my trophy crate I'm going to see if I can pick up my firearms while I'm down there. Being out of state it'll be a long shot but with them being replacement firearms I'm hoping it can be done.

I had to send 2 firearms back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. I had to send them FedEx as these were handguns.

These firearms are no longer in production so now I'm to receive 2 replacement firearms being sent to a local FFL for transfer to me. Hopefully the replacement firearms will arrive next week by FedEx.

Since I'll already be in Atlanta on Tuesday to pick up my trophy crate I'm going to see if I can pick up my firearms while I'm down there. Being out of state it'll be a long shot but with them being replacement firearms I'm hoping it can be done.

Good thing you are not in CA. If it is an off-roster handgun (any modern handgun would be off-roster), then that would not be an option and you'd be left with no recourse. Long guns no issue.

There is lots of noise about how NRA has had issues. That is true but beside the point. We have to have an advocate in DC. They are it.
Thanks for your input and your experience on this issue.
Philip

As messed up as the NRA is, I reluctantly agree with you. They may need an overhaul, but they are what we’ve got.
Yes sir

I believe the UPS stores are privately owned and can make their own policies and rules.
The stores are privately owned but then big brother UPS still has the ultimate decision on deeming your shipment “questionable” or against their policy and that they can seize and destroy it.
I have been a customer at a UPS store for years and will probably canceled it after my current term if their overlord continues with this.

How did it work out for you? To the best of my knowledge you can not transfer a handgun to someone out of state. It makes no sense to me. I can buy whatever long gun I choose just not a handgun.

How did it work out for you? To the best of my knowledge you can not transfer a handgun to someone out of state. It makes no sense to me. I can buy whatever long gun I choose just not a handgun.
Depending on one's state's laws a person can purchase a handgun out of state, HOWEVER, handguns are generally required to be sent to an FFL in the purchaser's state of residence for transfer. ie I can purchase a handgun from a gun store in Virginia but the handgun is shipped from the Virginia gun shop to a Tennessee gun shop or a person with the proper FFL for transfer to me. Exceptions to this is active duty military personnel whose state of legal residence is/can be other than the state they are based, and depending on state laws duel residency; ie I was assigned to Fort Bragg, NC but I claimed Ohio as my legal state of residence. After being stationed for 3 or 6 consecutive months (I have forgotten the actual time frame) in NC I could purchase a handgun the same as a resident. Long guns I could purchase upon arrival to North Carolina.

An individual can send handguns back to the manufacturer/custom shop for repair. But it has to be shipped overnight delivery. Long guns can be shipped back to manufacturer/custom shop for repair normal shipping. Your right it doesn't make sense. We concluded and agreed when I said the same thing to both the US and FedEx and the respective manufacturer.

Only muzzleloader firearms can be transferred out of state from one individual to another in accordance to respective state laws without requiring the use of an FFL. Transferring cartridge firearms out of state have to go through an FFL in accordance to respective state laws.

Here's the loophole politicians are trying to close. Respectively to state laws; legally individuals can attend a gun show; doesn't matter if both individuals live in the same state, different states or one lives in state and the other lives out of state; "....as long as....the seller or buyer is not purchasing the firearm with intent to resale or operate in a business like manner...." firearm transfers are legal between individuals.

Note: in the many years that I have sold and purchased firearms at gun shows and from individuals (to include a couple of AH members I have purchased firearms in person) I'm guessing I haven't exchanged personal information or purchase/sales receipts more than 5 times. And have had law enforcement check the serial number through the data base to insure they weren't stolen on maybe 10 firearms. (FYI they all came back clean.)

With more and more firearms being stolen every year I recommend it but I don't always do it that when buying a used firearm from an unknown individual either by coincidence, at a gun show, flea market, etc to get something in writing of who, when, where you purchased the firearm and ask law enforcement to check the serial number to ensure you are not buying or bought a stolen weapon.

I know I got a bit off your topic answering your response but you made a valid comment that needed a full answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New88Ceo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani