Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
My crate arrived this morning and I was like a kid on Christmas morning.

After letting the mounts air out in my garage for a few days I'll give them their place of honor inside.
20230809_145620.jpg
20230809_145939.jpg
20230809_150110.jpg
20230809_150303.jpg
20230809_150435.jpg
20230809_150622.jpg

The rest of them
20230809_150525.jpg
20230809_150826.jpg
20230809_150940.jpg

Congrats on getting them home. How did you ship them (Ocean or Air) and would you do it that way again?

Christmas in August, always a great time reminiscing when they show up.

They came by air into JFK-Denver, then truck to my home.

The crate was 374 Kg volume metric weight and they pretty much took up the crate. The dimensions were 30x42x34 inches.

And yes I would ship by air again

They came by air into JFK-Denver, then truck to my home.

The crate was 374 Kg volume metric weight and they pretty much took up the crate. The dimensions were 30x42x34 inches.

And yes I would ship by air again
That’s good to know. I have a Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, Blue Wildebeest getting completed this month and have been debating between ocean and air. There is about a $3300 difference, but I worry that could be eaten up in port or storage fees and inland freight.

Looks good. If you don't mind me asking, who did your taxidermy work?
My outfitter Frontier Safaries has a taxidermy shop. They are north of Port Elizabeth in Alacedale

Nice trophies Jim! I'll have to post mine here when I get a MINUTE of free time. LOL

congratulations!

Nice trophies Jim! I'll have to post mine here when I get a MINUTE of free time. LOL
It only takes a little time.

I had all the pictures taken in about 20 minutes, that included figuring what horn went on what skull

Very nice! Glad they arrived in great shape!

Congrats, and glad everything came in without issues. Don't forget pictures of where they are hanging in the house. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats, and glad everything came in without issues. Don't forget pictures of where they are hanging in the house. :ROFLMAO:
That's going to take some thinking.

Nice, congrats !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caseycarpets

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.