Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Shocked at seeing this headline today. Loved his singing and the way he lived life. RIP big guy.

My wife and I are big fans, and it's a shocker to hear this news. I thought he won the battle against the stomach cancer he was dealing with. I took my wife on one of her b-days to one of his concerts, she danced and sang to all his songs. RIP Toby, thanks for the great songs, you will be missed. :cry:

I have been a fan for years. Went to two of his outdoor shows. Fantastic performer. The people loved him. He will be missed. Rest in peace Mr. Keith. Your memory and talent will live on with us forever.
Jody

One of my favorites. Grateful his suffering is over but sorry he is gone.
image.jpg

He was a good guy! RIP Toby!

One of my greatest memories...Toby Kieth and Ted Nugent made a stop at our small FOB in Afghanistan in 2004. They did a impromptu concert on the back of a flat bed trailer. As you can imagine "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" (the Boot up Your Ass) song was VERY well received!

Heard this on this morning news.
Like many i enjoyed his music and performances. He was a stand up guy for American service members and veterans.
Condolences to his family, friends, and fans.
R.I.P. Toby Keith.

I moved to Alaska in late 1991. My first wife (who also succumbed to cancer a few years back) and I were stupid, wet behind the ears newbies fresh out of college who didn't actually know jack sh!t about Alaska but we were super excited about what an adventure it would be (and it was, and still is). She was hired as a village based mental health counselor, and had trainings in the regional hub of Dillingham. In August of 1993 she had me fly to DLG to see it, during one of her trainings. She really liked DLG and wanted us to move there; I was unimpressed and unmoved.

At a store called N/N Market, I bought my first Toby Keith album - a cassette. I remember rocking to that loudly in the loaner car for several days, wherever we went, and then keeping it in the boom box in the steambath back home. I still have that cassette somewhere.

The two songs that came to mind for me immediately when I saw that he had passed are My List - it's motivation to me every time I hear it. And, more recently again, Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue.

Condolences to his family. As others have said, cancer sucks.

A funny, at least it is to me: my first wife never got a chance to live in DLG. It has been my home for the past 22 years. I was rocking out to Toby Keith in the yard last summer, working on my boat.

RIP Toby Keith! You lived, died and partied hard. You and Chris LeDoux gone way too early! Thanks for your patriotism! Loved your songs and especially, How Do You Like Me Now?

Down to earth guy who lived a full life, supported hunting, America's troops, Veterans, and his hometown of Moore through two devastating tornadoes. RIP

This song seems the most appropriate today.

Here’s to you Toby Keith. Rest in peace, and Enjoy singing for the Man upstairs, I’m sure He likes your music.

IMG_1535.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.