Tiny ten hunting questions

Everyone, thanks for posting on this thread. I have recently decided to go after the tiny 10 in the next year or two. In the past, I have only been interested in the larger animals. I have tried for Blue Duiker twice in Zambia but have been unsuccessful. IT was fun calling them in.

You can actually turn klipspringer into a good mountain hunt. My Dad took his after a full day effort climbing mount Etjo in Namibia and so did other client in camp later that week. In NW Namibia, we saw klipspringer climbing up towards the last remaining springs in the valleys. In Limpopo, I’ve seen them in huge valleys that you could turn into a glassing hunt and planning a long stalk.
My klipsringer was a good mountain hunt, very difficult for my aging knees! When I make it back to Africa I will always try to find a new TT, they are a blast to hunt. Wish I would have concentrated on them earlier. Have had opportunities at at least 8 of them but only have taken advantage of 3, some of my biggest regrets in my hunting career. Never been to Namibia so no chance for a dik-dik and didn’t see a cape grysbok.

I enjoy hunting the tiny ten. I think it is absolutely part of the African hunting experience. With so many different species of antelope, you never know what might appear. When you see a nice one, don’t pass up the opportunity.
Stalking them can be very challenging and it is easy to misjudge the range.

In the last month or two SCi Magazine had an article about hunting the tiny ten from Craig Boddington. I saw that article as a sign that I need to hunt them :)

Does anyone have the website to Nchila/Nkwaji Game Reserve ?

Thank you,

jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.