Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.20.36 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.20.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.20.38 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.20.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 8.20.39 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
$4500-5000 all in may be more like it although I wouldn’t be surprised to see a right hand version go for $500-1000 more (with taxes, shipping, fees etc..). There again how many left hand rifles do you come across in those cartridges? They were around $3200 new when still being made. Someone sold two factory cz 550s, one in 500 Jeffery and one in 505 Gibbs, a year or two ago on GI for $3600 a piece. Of course that’s before taxes and what not. They were literally gone within a couple hours…. I seriously doubt a factory CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery or 505 Gibbs will ever be worth less than $4500. They’re not being made anymore and you’re not gonna find anything comparable anywhere near that price point. Of course it’ll need gone through by a real gunsmith but I think they’re still a good value. IMHO

Here’s his GI listing:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 4.08.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 4.08.21 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 4.08.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 4.08.23 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Of course it’ll need gone through by a real gunsmith but I think they’re still a good value. IMHO
Exactly. The price is ambitious to say the least, not to mention the additional cost of having it worked over and smoothed out.

I'd expect this rifle with an AHR #2 to go for near that price if it were right handed. Left handed will need to find just the right person looking for this specific combination. Doesn't mean it's not worth it, just that it's not worth it to me.

On top of that the pictures are garbage. People looking to spend that kind of coin on a rifle expect better pictures that are in-focus, edited, and properly lit. I'm surprised they were able to keep their flip-flops out of the frame.

It comes down to reality versus fantasy.

Reality: Left handed guns have 1/20th to 1/50th the demand of righty guns. Getting MSRP for lefty guns is hard to do because of the lack of demand.

Fantasy: Sellers believe that since lefty guns are so rare they are justified asking 2x-3x retail. Nonsense. 1/50th the demand LOWERS prices, it doesn't elevate them.

Rarity does not alone drive the value of any item. Just because I have a one-of-a-kind freeze dried and then 24kt dipped piece of raccoon poop does not automatically make it a million dollar item. You actually need rarity/scarcity to be amplified by DEMAND.

If someone was a lefty and they wanted a lefty stopping rifle, that looks to me like a reliable lefty stopping rifle. (aside from its price which Krish commented on already)

It comes down to reality versus fantasy.

Reality: Left handed guns have 1/20th to 1/50th the demand of righty guns. Getting MSRP for lefty guns is hard to do because of the lack of demand.

Fantasy: Sellers believe that since lefty guns are so rare they are justified asking 2x-3x retail. Nonsense. 1/50th the demand LOWERS prices, it doesn't elevate them.

Rarity does not alone drive the value of any item. Just because I have a one-of-a-kind freeze dried and then 24kt dipped piece of raccoon poop does not automatically make it a million dollar item. You actually need rarity/scarcity to be amplified by DEMAND.

If someone was a lefty and they wanted a lefty stopping rifle, that looks to me like a reliable lefty stopping rifle. (aside from its price which Krish commented on already)
The simple truth is that lefty magnum rifles barely exist, and dangerous game rifles are even rarer. I’m a left handed shooter and I generally find that most left handed rifles sell when they’re $100-$200 more than an equivalent righty. Lefty shooters are willing to pay a small premium, but gouging guns don’t seem to sell much

The simple truth is that lefty magnum rifles barely exist, and dangerous game rifles are even rarer. I’m a left handed shooter and I generally find that most left handed rifles sell when they’re $100-$200 more than an equivalent righty. Lefty shooters are willing to pay a small premium, but gouging guns don’t seem to sell much

I think your assessment is fair. But as a lefty shooter you know that you're paying that $100-$200 premium for a working tool, not a collectible or appreciating asset. But that isn't what this seller is doing, he is treating it as a $6000 collectible when it was originally an MSRP $2000ish gun.

I think your assessment is fair. But as a lefty shooter you know that you're paying that $100-$200 premium for a working tool, not a collectible or appreciating asset. But that isn't what this seller is doing, he is treating it as a $6000 collectible when it was originally an MSRP $2000ish gun.
Agreed. If someone is seriously considering buying this I’d recommend looking at a custom. You can get some really nice left handed ones with slick actions and beautiful artwork for 6000 dollars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.