The other love of your life

2E4EF942-0B19-4C8C-8322-612AEF521545.jpeg

@PeteG
A wise man once said a boat is nothing more than a hole in the water you throw money in.
Bob
VRO went out and burned a cylinder on my boat last week...waiting to get back to the fishing lines. I don't know if I will ever make fishing a breakeven proposition now, but getting out there is worth more than that anyway.

I am getting divorced so for now it is what do I love. My kids are tops. But
I enjoy my land and being able to be on the tractor. Also my 18 month old lab who I am sure now we will get to spend the next duck season hunting many days.

B55F8E83-02E3-491F-B8D2-71710B8E0D1E.jpeg
F0BE6318-B48C-43EF-BD48-7A935F850B64.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting divorced so for now it is what do I love. My kids are tops. But
I enjoy my land and being able to be on the tractor. Also my 18 month old lab who I am sure now we will get to spend the next duck season hunting many days.

Sorry to hear you are getting divorced. Not fun either way.

Yea. Not good times but it will pass I guess.
I've been there as well. It's a tough row to hoe when you're going through it, but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the two of you can maintain a civil relationship for the kids' sake.

Yea. Not good times but it will pass I guess.
@justin wiles
When I got divorced she got the gold mine and I got the shaft. Looking back it wasn't all bad and ended up marrying a wonderful woman that I am celebrating my 20th anniversary with in a couple of weeks.
Bob

@justin wiles
When I got divorced she got the gold mine and I got the shaft. Looking back it wasn't all bad and ended up marrying a wonderful woman that I am celebrating my 20th anniversary with in a couple of weeks.
Bob
Well we shall see how it plays out. 6 years went bye bye tumbling down in about an hour and a half.
I am sure I will be gunshy for a long time moving forward.

I am sure I will be gunshy for a long time moving forward.
I think that’s why a lot of us have a much better relationship the second time around. Time heals and you have a better idea of what makes a relationship work.

1. Jesus and our Father
2. My wife (almost 20 years)
3. My son (17)
4. Then being a small business owner who has to run mostly everything there is not much time for anything else except, guns, reloading shooting and hunting.
5. Luckily our family loves the bush/nature so if we get time we get away in the bush fishing I get to do almost once a year if time permits.
6. Watching my son playing cricket and becoming a better cricketer and sportsman.
7. This year a trip to the coast is needed its been a while especially since COVID.
8. Other love I have is to better my 10 x painters lifes. Teach them how to grow and make best they have with what they have.

Life radically changed 10 years ago also being saved and helping out at church at Kids Ministry.

Is it too early in the night to answer SCOTCH? HaHa!
On a serious note, I'd say good friends are the main thing I'm learning to cherish over personal belongings. I've noticed the older I get, the more minimalist I become. I love simplicity these days. It's the main reason I won't buy a second gun safe, and when I buy a rifle, many times I will sell another just to keep from needing another safe. But with that said, there is no other material thing in existence that comes anywhere near my love for guns. Not even close.
there is no other material thing in existence that comes anywhere near my love for guns.
And none of us that know you from this forum doubt that in the least...

I am into boats too, this is a Windy 22HC, norwegian made, powered by a 6 cyl. Volvo Penta turbo diesel...we use it to get out in the archipelago during summer...used to sail but too cumbersome with dogs..

View attachment 383237

What else....I have two setters...we hunt grouse over standing setters up in the mountains. I have a Range Rover Sport to go places, very pleased with that one..

View attachment 383244

View attachment 383245

Hunting buddies and our setters..

View attachment 383247

We love our setters too
2393493845772052478.jpg

1) My wife of 20+ years who is my best friend and hunting partner
2) Family (includes my horses, my dogs and the men I went to war with)
3) My land and cabin, 83 acres with turkey and deer
4) My forge and shop

My wife and daughters.
Our little Shizu puppy
Our lake house where all
my taxidermy is located
Having a fire in the fireplace at the lake house
Our 130 acre “farm” we bought in 2021
My Hunting rifles

Addl: The Lord, Jesus Christ ✞ foremost

I was never one of the lucky one's 'c Love .. less anyone knows of a Fair, Kind, & Respectful Woman?
Thank You.

anyway: "Love is just a pastime for the Middle Class" ;
"The Great Sinner" 1949. Greg & Ava.

the great sinner.jpg

I had to think about this one as I have several other hobbies. The only other thing I long for - that feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is missing when I am away from it - is my camp property. Perhaps this feeling is accentuated by the fact I can't get there very often at all, and I usually have feelings of disappointment about that. I spend a lot of time planning what I want to accomplish, reading books, looking at Google maps, etc. but precious few hours executing the plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngabon243

Latest profile posts

here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review