The new Heym 89B got his Buffalo…

Congratulations on an amazing buffalo.

Now that is the proper way to blood a new rifle. A near perfect adventure. Congrats, Sir.

Anyone noticed how similar that bull looks to the engraving on Wiltznuck's gun? Thats why it took 8 days, you had to get a match!

E58926F8-23EA-444B-8C5B-81219FAFBD89.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin - How was the recoil of the 500 NE?
I didn't get to fire it Jonathan, but @NJC has one and he says it is very manageable, let him elaborate. I have tried other 500's and they are too much for me, 450/400 is my limit.

Gorgeous rifle and bull! Congrats on a well earned trophy!

Fine bull well done

What a way to christen your new double. A heck of a buffalo; wide and deep drops with nice bosses.
CONGRATULATIONS!

First, to the OP amazing Buffalo!!! Taking a bull like that with a double must have been a very enriching experience.

To answer Kevin’s note, my 500 is extremely manageable, more like a big push vs a jarring impact, and not at all bulky (in the first picture below it is compared to the small action 375).
I don’t know how to post video but also below is a screen grab of the highest point of recoil from a right barrel shot.

However, I believe that fit plays a significant role, as my brother who happily shoots his ultralight 375 from prone thinks the 500 is too much to handle.
0AF6EBB0-DC9F-4A8C-899B-B2EDF3D4CBFF.jpeg
9D508425-FB50-4F76-9DED-742DFCE6FB50.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great spread.

Excellent width on the bosses.

Massive drop.

Money spent............priceless!

What a bull well done to all!!!

Oh envy! You did excellent sir. That will be in your memory forever!
Congratulations!

"Bosses, drop, curl, spread, 450/400 NE, 20 yards, 1 shot.....I doubt it can get better than that. Congratulations great buffalo!!!"

+1

May I ask the "Stock Blank" that was used on your 89?

Very No
View attachment 410107View attachment 410108View attachment 410109
Got the new Heym 89B to South Africa this week. 8 long days of chasing spoor through the Mopane thickets now the gun has a few honest nicks and scratches to show for it. A bit of character.

On the last full day of the hunt we got ahead of this Bull. The 450/400 dug into the chest on a 20 yard quartering toward shot. The Hornady DGX leaving a massive blood trail. The Buff expired less than 50 yards from where he was shot.

43 7/8” wide… The Bull of a lifetime.
View attachment 410107View attachment 410108View attachment 410109
Got the new Heym 89B to South Africa this week. 8 long days of chasing spoor through the Mopane thickets now the gun has a few honest nicks and scratches to show for it. A bit of character.

On the last full day of the hunt we got ahead of this Bull. The 450/400 dug into the chest on a 20 yard quartering toward shot. The Hornady DGX leaving a massive blood trail. The Buff expired less than 50 yards from where he was shot.

43 7/8” wide… The Bull of a lifetime.
Very Nice sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuliusQ88

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.