Strange Sightings, Creepy Feelings

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Coming from the city to an Extremely rural, Northern Hemisphere. I've been to some incredible country in the US, but it can be strange here surrounded by the water, mines & pines. The sky, enormous moons, lights, meteor showers, cold, dark, wildlife. Working from the across locks, up to the Keweenaw peninsula all hours, remote.

I was curious anyone's experience, hunting or not, anywhere that left an impression. Unexplained, bizarre, creepy, mysterious?

Last edited:
Coming from the city to an Extremely rural, Northern Hemisphere. I've been to some incredible country in the US, but it can be strange here surrounded by the water, mines & pines. The sky, enormous moons, lights, meteor showers, cold, wildlife. Working from the Sault locks, up to the Keweenaw peninsula all hours, really remote.

I was curious anyone's experience, hunting or not, anywhere that left an impression. Unexplained, bizarre, creepy, mysterious?

Trailed out of the woods by a wolf pack near Thunder Bay years ago. They were definitely on my track and close enough that I almost got a shot at one. The hair on the back of my neck was definitely on end!

I think Venus was close, 7yrs ago, would catch it on the return trip before it fell below the horizon.
This light was short in the summer, 2yrs ago, before falling below the horizon.
1705709328594.png

Trailed out of the woods by a wolf pack near Thunder Bay years ago. They were definitely on my track and close enough that I almost got a shot at one. The hair on the back of my neck was definitely on end!
That would do it. I got spooked from a simple opsrey hissing, parched head high one night.

Last edited:
In a northern B.C. moose camp several years ago, the guides tents were a hundred yards above the rest of the camp. After dark, I was up there visiting with them when a wolf howled. They jokingly answered with a moose call. The rest of the pack joined in and continued calling and the guides answering with moose calls. Then all at once the wolves went silent, the hair stood up on my neck and the guides said, "it's time to go in. They are close now." they went in for the night as did I. The next morning we had wolf tracks through camp. I did score on a wolf that trip, but no moose.

Trailed out of Wal Mart at night by a couple of warthogs. I thought they were on my trail until they went to their own vehicle. LOL Seriously though, I work overnight and see meteors crossing the sky quite often and other things occasionally in the sky that I can't explain. Probably drones?

Trailed out of Wal Mart at night by a couple of warthogs. I thought they were on my trail until they went to their own vehicle. LOL Seriously though, I work overnight and see meteors crossing the sky quite often and other things occasionally in the sky that I can't explain. Probably drones?
The people can be an oddity in themselves. Drones suggested for a lot of these orb lights at night. ..

In a northern B.C. moose camp several years ago, the guides tents were a hundred yards above the rest of the camp. After dark, I was up there visiting with them when a wolf howled. They jokingly answered with a moose call. The rest of the pack joined in and continued calling and the guides answering with moose calls. Then all at once the wolves went silent, the hair stood up on my neck and the guides said, "it's time to go in. They are close now." they went in for the night as did I. The next morning we had wolf tracks through camp. I did score on a wolf that trip, but no moose.
That's incredible country.
I've seen wolves only on few occasions from safety, mostly coyotes. There was Moose on the loose in the city .. takes a min for my mind to adjust. Thought it was a horse.

1965 in Quetico Provential Park on a 9 day Canada canoe trip with the Boy Scouts. Middle of the night was awakened by snorting, then crunching, outside my tent. Lasted for a few minutes. Guide told us it was a black bear. We were all unarmed, of course.

I used to hunt near st Helen’s. Yes I’ve heard the “wood knocking” sounds so often connected with Bigfoot. I have no idea what it was as it was a 4 miles hike in, and there was only one other person in the canyon besides the guy I was with. He was to the north. All the noise came from the south.

Dunno.

1965 in Quetico Provential Park on a 9 day Canada canoe trip with the Boy Scouts. Middle of the night was awakened by snorting, then crunching, outside my tent. Lasted for a few minutes. Guide told us it was a black bear. We were all unarmed, of course.
That's another topic, sounds.
I heard on a Farm one night out in Stonington, what sounded like a screaming screeching woman in the woods .. indescribable.

Tattooed BBW's on your trail?

That's another topic, sounds.
I heard on a Farm one night out in Stonington, what sounded like a screaming screeching woman in the woods .. indescribable.
Mountain lion.

one of my best friends an I for several years made an annual trip through the Tobeatic, we’d canoe the river and predator call black bears. Our first year through just comming dark we were making a portage acrossed a long point we could of canoed around but instead crossed with the intention of setting up camp on the far side so that we could leave in the morning directly from camp. It was dusky when we started with Long shadows which makes it quite dark crossing a stand of spruce. About half way acrossed with a freighter canoe over my head and John carrying both packs and both rifles we bumped a sow and a pair of cubs unseen. Cubs took southeast towards open country and we had the sow norwest of us snorting and popping her jaws with us between her and her cubs. Never actually seen her and only figured out for sure what happened the next morning by the tracks. Makes for a long night.

Coming from the city to an Extremely rural, Northern Hemisphere. I've been to some incredible country in the US, but it can be strange here surrounded by the water, mines & pines. The sky, enormous moons, lights, meteor showers, cold, dark, wildlife. Working from the across locks, up to the Keweenaw peninsula all hours, remote.

I was raccoon hunting many years ago by myself. Was in a woods way off the road about 2 in the morning. As I was walking I thought I heard something. Stopped. Silence. Started walking again. Same thing happened. The third time I was getting spooked. Took the rifle off my shoulder, headed back to the truck, and went to another woods. Maybe it was my imagination, but I hunted raccoons for over 10 years all hours of the night and it was the only time I had a weird feeling. Looking back I have wondered about the possibility of it being a 2 foot critter.

Great thread idea.

I had an owl land on the metal outside rail of an unshrouded elevated “blind”. It sounded like a hurricane for 1/2 a second. It hung around for a bit and was much more quiet when departing.

I stuck a rental car in the snow on Tie Hack road in Wyoming on a business trip. The sun was setting and I had no cell service. Then I discovered large cat footprints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalPendley

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double