Stock for Mauser 98 build

KentuckyWindage

Reaction score
I’m trying to find a stock for a custom Mauser I’m building. I’ve started with a standard 98 Mauser action, standard military trigger guard, and a #5 contour barrel in .416 Taylor. I am mainly interested in a walnut stock but may settle for a fiberglass stock. Does anyone have recommendations on where to get a walnut sporter stock for such a rifle?

If you’re planning on doing some inletting and finish work yourself, then check out a semi-inlet stock from Richard’s Microfit Stocks. I’ve had great results with their stocks. They offer a 95% inlet stock for most all rifles and a 98% press fit inletting for a subset of them.

Thanks Doug, I did plan on finishing the stock myself. I do have a little bit of experience inletting so that won’t be an issue. I’ve had issues with other stocks having large gaps between metal and wood, mainly brownell’s wood plus series stock.

I have several patterns for many sporterized Mauser models. Several with thumhole, different combs and forearm styles. Prices vary by style, tips and caps, your wood or mine. This is one I just finished up for a K98 re-chambered
Mauser stock1r.jpg
mauser stock2r.jpg
to 250/3000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettFar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!