Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
This one is in real good nick tight and looks like it has been in the safe for a long time bores are clean....
Seems to be between 1946 to 1950 vintage....
This one has the tenite stock....

I think it will make an excellent camp and small game beater gun and even more as TSS becomes available.....it is chambered for 3". I have always wanted a .410 3".....

Can see myself having lots of fun shooting small stuff for the pot guineafowl, partridge, green pigeons, rockies etc....

They want US$240 for it...steel is very good condition couple of scratches on stock.....

Buy it now! I think it’s worth the price for the condition you’ve described.

I agree get it while you can.

A litte o/u like that one would be a lot of fun.

I have one and they are great fun

When I was a young kid growing up in Texas, a Savage OU 22/410 was in the scabbard on my horse at all times. I killed tons of small game and birds with that gun. It was very accurate and “redneck kid on horse proof”. :LOL:

Safe hunting

That would be a great little gun for small game and general playing around.. at $240 if I saw it on a rack in a gun store here in the US, it would definitely get taken home with me.. even if only in decent condition..

Best gun I ever owned, it was my starter gun for small game and my trap line rifle. I would buy it in heartbeat.

That's a good buy. They are quite valuable over here in the states and have become a sought after collectable. I've seen several going for $430-500 plus depending on the configuration and condition at the last gun show I attended this spring.

Last edited:
I agree with the above, but with one caveat....the one I had had a tendency to throw a shot every once in a while for no discernible reason, even at the range. Maybe just a break action thing, I don't know, but it cost me a few squirrels I just knew I had dead to rights. (tho one or two came down with the shotgun afterwards) A great advantage now is that tungsten shot turns it into a 20 ga in effectiveness! And, you won't lose money if you sell.

If it’s in good shape worth it, quite frankly they’re going for triple that price on some auction forums.

This one is in real good nick tight and looks like it has been in the safe for a long time bores are clean....

I think it will make an excellent camp and small game beater gun and even more as TSS becomes available.....it is chambered for 3". I have always wanted a .410 3".....

Can see myself having lots of fun shooting small stuff for the pot guineafowl, partridge, green pigeons, rockies etc....

They want US$240 for it...steel is very good condition couple of scratches on stock.....
I paid 550 for one

Who would care if you scratched Tenite, lol

It's not a Savage, but this 22/410 Chiappa double badger serves the same function.

I've taken a number of grouse and snowshoe hares with it. They truly are a handy utility/survival gun.

IMG_20230326_105415953.jpg

20220920_182433.jpg

IMG_20220920_163705273_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220920_163843534_HDR.jpg

Jump on it! We would get $550ish for it, they are getting hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.