Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa
I can call wSift this week and ask, but because I'm impatient and want to work on some 300 win loads today....

Does anyone know what Swift recommends as a starting point for seating depth on A-Frames? I have 0.05 off the lands in my head, but I don't know where that came from. I can't find any reference in their manual.

Obviously, I will tweak as needed, but just want a good starting point. Thanks!

The Swift book gives a loaded 180 A Frame oacl at 3.340

Yeah, their book has the coals, but I am looking for how much jump their bullets like. (Again, as a starting point.)

I had a 270WBY that had a long throat, I started with the bullet dead up against the lands and moved the round back at 5thou increments and check fps and accuracy I did that until the fps and accuracy dropped off then set it were I got the best performance. Good luck with your bullet development

Talked to Bill (owner) at Swift today. Thought I would pass along his info in case it helps someone else here out down the road.

He said A-Frames typically like to be 30-50 thousandths off the rifling, so I'll be using that as a starting point.

Also want to say... It's the second time I have called Swift and both times Bill has called me back. He has been very helpful. Really nice to have a company that is willing to talk to and help their customers.

Not a 300 WM, but my 30-06 with 180 A-Frames shoots good at .050 off, but best at .135 off. I was chaising my tail on seating depth until I bedded the rifle, btw.

Not a 300 WM, but my 30-06 with 180 A-Frames shoots good at .050 off, but best at .135 off. I was chaising my tail on seating depth until I bedded the rifle, btw.

Thanks. That's good to know. Loaded up a couple ladders last night with different loads and seating depths so will see what it likes soon!

Please update and let us know how it goes, @Matt_WY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianne1092

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.