Spomer's new Parkwest falling block

Attachments

• Pre Owned Dakota Arms Model 76 416 Rigby Custom Dangerous Game Rifle - Bolt Action Rifles at G...pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
They have some very nice looking rifles listed. Their takedowns look cool.

Going to break in his 7x57 Mauser with some core lokt ammo, gonna take some north forks to Africa. . . would like to see it with a scope-I’m getting older too, open sights aren’t the same as they used to be :ROFLMAO:

Going to break in his 7x57 Mauser with some core lokt ammo, gonna take some north forks to Africa. . . would like to see it with a scope-I’m getting older too, open sights aren’t the same as they used to be :ROFLMAO:

homeboy has to make sure all of those sponsors get regularly mentioned lol....

I have to say, Parkwest is pushing out some absolutely beautiful rifles.. thats a work of art he was holding in his hands in that video..

This model - I have one which I bought during the Dakota days - has a bad design flaw, which is that you break the firing pin if the rifle is dry fired. Also, the underlever does not lock onto the trigger guard, as a Farquharson does, which means that when carried the lever is constantly 'unclicking' and opening the breech.

Before the ill-fated sale of Holland & Holland to Chanel, I recall that H&H were selling these rifles (from Dakota) with 'shot and regulated by Holland and Holland' engraved on the barrel.

With all due respect to Mr. Spomer, my own rifle is unsuited to the type of shooting I do (Africa and Scotland). There is nothing particularly wrong with the rifle, other than the issues identified above, but better alternatives exist. Probably the best is the Soroka rifle, but I am not sure whether they are still in business; otherwise it is the Rigby Farquharson (it ought properly to be the Rigby Banks, which had a side-lever rather than an under-lever) or Ruger No. 1.

I just watched the clip on youtube, it surely is a nice rifle but if it had been me ordering it I would have ordered it with open sights aswell.
He cant shoot.....
Watch his comments on 375 H&H and see how he blames the caliber for all his crap shooting....

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle, but for 12K, I think I'd buy something else.

I have virtually the same rifle. Great and beautiful rifle...accurate last season in Africa taking 15 animals with one shot each. It's actually for sale in the classifieds.

As to the comment above that it constantly unlocks in the field...mine is just the opposite. In fact, mine has to have a decent amount of pressure to unlock the lever from the guard. It has NEVER opened unintentionally. I wish it was easier to open. It's certainly does not open easily and I have 2 of them to that effect.

I have virtually the same rifle. Great and beautiful rifle...accurate last season in Africa taking 15 animals with one shot each. It's actually for sale in the classifieds.

As to the comment above that it constantly unlocks in the field...mine is just the opposite. In fact, mine has to have a decent amount of pressure to unlock the lever from the guard. It has NEVER opened unintentionally. I wish it was easier to open. It's certainly does not open easily and I have 2 of them to that effect.

Same. Never had that problem either.

Ditto. His to parkwest bolt guns are sightless as well :cry: A crying shame

The heading read 'This custom rifle wasn't what I ordered' - I thought he was gogin to explain that they had left the iron sights off it. ;)

The action was designed by Martin Hagn, he allowed Dakota(now Parkwest) to use the design. Dakota altered the firing pin angle slightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfredoYua

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.