Spoke with Bill at Swift Bullets yesterday

4 more years of Biden and the firearms industry in the USA will be gutted , the atf has already started with the ffl holders

This is why you buy now… and not wait on the next rush on firearms/ammo …

I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet there’s going to be discourse in the US come November, no matter the election results…

When that happens every gun owner in the US is going to dash to every big box retailer that sells guns or ammo and buy every box of factory ammo they can find… as well as all the reloading gear they can find (even though they don’t reload)… and 200,000 “new” people will decide they need to be firearms owners now, and will buy anything left.. whether it’s a $195 hood heater or a vintage Parker side by side 12 bore…

Prices will skyrocket and inventories will be depleted…

It happens over and over and over again…

I semi got caught with my pants down during the summer of mostly peaceful protests and ran short of some reloading supplies… thankfully I never ran out of anything key or critical and was able to keep shooting, hunting, etc without tapping into my long term stash…

Won’t happen again though… I’ve now stockpiled enough to last me until it’s time for me to crawl into the forever box and take the final dirt nap, and still have thousands of rounds left behind…

I’m a fan of swift bullets and been a fan for years…but, Bill had had production issues for years and will continue to do so unless he moves manufacturing to a bigger town. He’s exhausted everyone in his area.
Until he does I will continue buying North Fork and Cutting Edge bullets. They work really well for me.

HH

I’m in the meat industry and this is spot on . Illegals suppress wages . They make it harder to maintain a standard of living . I don’t care how hard some of them work . They do not elevate the country
Look here Jack, they built this country! They're the reason our economy is growing! (sarcasm, off to change my diaper now)
I semi got caught with my pants down during the summer of mostly peaceful protests and ran short of some reloading supplies… thankfully I never ran out of anything key or critical and was able to keep shooting, hunting, etc without tapping into my long term stash…

Won’t happen again though… I’ve now stockpiled enough to last me until it’s time for me to crawl into the forever box and take the final dirt nap, and still have thousands of rounds left behind…

This. I advise new people/casuals to buy what they consider a lifetime supply of whatever they shoot, at a minimum enough to get through a 2-3 year dry spell with zero resupply. 1) It's never getting cheaper 2) all it takes is some jackass shooting some place up or a politician getting bright ideas for things to go nuts 3) elections happen every 4 years.

Now if only I wasn't a broke kid 20 years ago or if I had a time machine

Swift hires bullet makers for $200k a year 7 days on 7 days off. Box of bullets now $599 a box. How many boxes do you want? Kinda like the $25 fast food meal. But hey everyone makes top dollar no matter the position
This thinking is destroying the world.

That works out to 1.4% of the population. Does this count early retirees? I’m not arguing your numbers, I’m asking because I’ve never cared to look into this.
During/after Covid it’s estimated some 2-3 million people who were employed then “retired ”. I’m sure many older workers lost their jobs or businesses due to the extended lockdowns so they left the workforce as retirement. 2 million other workers just left the employment roles and stopped looking for jobs. Those 5 million don’t count as unemployed because they’re not actively looking for work. So, currently there are about 5 million people actively seeking work for the some 10 million job openings. With the many layoffs recently in the tech, finance, real estate and manufacturing sectors that gap is closing though. Remember, 52-60 percent of the “new” jobs created under Brandon’s administration are Government (taxpayer) funded through his reckless multiple billion /trillion dollar spending bills that continue to add to our $34 trillion and counting national deficit.

It really boggles my mind how lazy people are in this country (USA). We have totally lost our work ethic in this country. Swift has stopped producing .375 AFrames since October. The can has been kicked down the road yet another month. They said they would have ammo coming off the factory line by March. Bill told me yesterday its been pushed back to May because of the lack of people wanting to work.

Its just unbelievable how covid made people lazy. :E Devious:

I recall one of our AH members working with a company last year to produce a special run gun case if enough preorders could be acquired from AH members on this forum. Maybe the owner of Swift would be willing to do the same for something like the 375, 300 grain AF? Kind of comparing apples to bananas as far as manufacturing processes go but something to consider asking for someone who knows the owner.

I recall one of our AH members working with a company last year to produce a special run gun case if enough preorders could be acquired from AH members on this forum. Maybe the owner of Swift would be willing to do the same for something like the 375, 300 grain AF? Kind of comparing apples to bananas as far as manufacturing processes go but something to consider asking for someone who knows the owner.
If something like that would come about.
I would commit to $500.00-$1000.00 worth of 375 a frames myself. It would be close to a lifetime supply for me

The problem with that is that the gun case manufacture was still manufacturing gun cases.

Swift Bullets are not manufacturing bullets right now.

Well, do to no help.

So it may be hard to convince someone to shut down a line that is selling to start up a line that will only produce a couple thousand bullets if even that. Remember there are different grain bullets that people want to shoot.

Did the rifle case idea ever go further than just talk?

I think a year or so ago my Dishwasher died. (Not my wife or kids, the other one) I took the old one to the landfill and went to rc willey to replace it. They had 1 (count carefully) one dishwasher actually in stock. This was Bosch brand-not some run of the mill no name. Rc willey salesperson explained the lack of inventory on bosches inability to retain employees to make more units. It would be factory work but really?! Checked other places and brands as well but more of the same story. It was an eye opener.
I understand that situation has improved since then and I assume there was a backlog from Covid shut downs. . .

Did anyone actually say Bill pays lower wages? I suggested that another company doesn’t pay very well but also that you didn’t need to be skilled to work there. So if you barely made it through high school and aren’t gonna go to college, maybe there is a future at Swift or Barnes or whatever local company you happen live near. Barnes by the way is also in a small community but good freeway access to larger areas for a worker willing to make a short commute.
It rather make bullets than sling mcfast food!
I believe sourcing raw products has also affected the ammo industry but cannot remember where I saw that
a person does not need a college degree to be trained how to do a job

To those who want to denigrate Swift and or Bill.... Have you met the man and talked to him? I met him at SCI and spent some time with him. He is a highly intelligent gentleman, engaging and interesting to talk to. His company is a true mom & pop small business. He makes runs of certain calibers at a time and is not continuously making all products on his menu. Bill, might seem a bit jaded? But, at no time did he strike me as being an azz-hole. Far from it in fact. I cannot speak to what he may or may not be like to work for but all small business in the USA struggles from time to time. Swift has been at it for nearly 40y now. Maybe Bill would sell the company to one of you to run and make A-frames for all of us? Just offering a possible solution.

To those who want to denigrate Swift and or Bill.... Have you met the man and talked to him? I met him at SCI and spent some time with him. He is a highly intelligent gentleman, engaging and interesting to talk to. His company is a true mom & pop small business. He makes runs of certain calibers at a time and is not continuously making all products on his menu. Bill, might seem a bit jaded? But, at no time did he strike me as being an azz-hole. Far from it in fact. I cannot speak to what he may or may not be like to work for but all small business in the USA struggles from time to time. Swift has been at it for nearly 40y now. Maybe Bill would sell the company to one of you to run and make A-frames for all of us? Just offering a possible solution.
Exactly! I just received a fresh batch of .375 caliber 300 grain A-Frames. Not all bullets are made at the same time.

Same here in

same here in Oz!!!!
@Mark R
My son has three jobs and does university full time. One job he even had others wanting to employ him but he didn't have the time. He even manages to find time for his girlfriend. Six days work and university and one for his girlfriend.
When he finishes University he wants to have $150,000 in his bank for a house deposit.
Top that off he is only 19.
He can't understand why people haven't got a job as people just wanted to throw jobs at him.
Then again he does have a brilliant work ethic.
Bob

I think a year or so ago my Dishwasher died. (Not my wife or kids, the other one) I took the old one to the landfill and went to rc willey to replace it. They had 1 (count carefully) one dishwasher actually in stock. This was Bosch brand-not some run of the mill no name. Rc willey salesperson explained the lack of inventory on bosches inability to retain employees to make more units. It would be factory work but really?! Checked other places and brands as well but more of the same story. It was an eye opener.
I understand that situation has improved since then and I assume there was a backlog from Covid shut downs. . .
The Bosch condenser coil for my home ac we had installed last May was made in China. Said so on the box it came in. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhEngla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.