SOUTH AFRICA: Spectacular Safari With Bandur Safaris

An excellent report of a wonderful hunting experience. I loved the fact you took pictures of things other than your kills.

Mentioning taking pictures of other things made me remember a few more and some that my wife took.

Look at this picture and tell me how high do you think a giraffe can reach? Evidently this tree's leaves are highly preferred by giraffes because there is a very definite browse line on it.

013AB593-DB6E-4E00-9EAC-2AFF701AB2E9.jpeg

I didn't do a good job getting a better picture of some of the giant termite mounds but this one was at least 6' tall and growing up a tree trunk which seemed interesting.

5DF78B28-3246-40D7-8693-A089C3782EDF.jpeg

The next two are pictures my wife took. A giraffe at dusk and the view that she remembers the most from her time there, her at the truck watching us walk off.

9AD76508-FD31-485F-8AF0-37036927A9ED.jpeg

7272BE0C-F4F8-43AC-8E41-9ACB08A3C925.jpeg

And one more picture that I missed earlier of my son on the sticks with Pieter looking over his shoulder. The trigger didn't get pulled on this particular encounter but that was almost the same exact place that I ended up shooting my kudu from a couple days later. This is actually a clip out of a video that is about 5 minutes long with most of that with him on the sticks just waiting for a clear shot that never presented itself.

6F60EB0E-9121-46C3-ADA7-C9637652972D.jpeg

That last picture tells a story to me of my son starting to grow into a man. He will turn 16 in a couple months and I'm afraid I'll blink a few times and he will be 25 after that.

Last edited:
Great report. Congrats on your hunt. Emotional highs and lows are what it's all about. Glad they found your zebra and sable in time to ship the horns home.

I'm glad you posted your report on AH, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Pangolin pic was great, actually I liked how many photos you posted. Congrats to you and Eli on your animals-your last second Kudu was a really exciting part how it turned out. I waited until your last installment to finally read all of it, very enjoyable.

Sounds like a very interesting hunt. Some rough lessons learned. It’s great that you got to do so much tracking. Seems very slow for your luggage to arrive. All in all a great hunt. Congrats
Bruce

Thanks for sharing especially all the small details also.

That’s a hell of a hunt! I really like how you and pieter hunted hard in spite of the challenges, and the trackers are incredible. Your 13th hour kudu is an awesome trophy and great story.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations to all, thanks for the report and pictures.

Wow... This is excellent! It sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime. Outstanding.

Congrats on your hunt and thanks for sharing !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gongalbert03

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….