Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hello everyone! Disclaimer im
Not a writer so this won’t be very long but wanted to share some photos of my recent and first trip to South Africa! I’m a very lucky guy and just got married to my longtime girlfriend and highschool sweetheart of ten years… but even more lucky she decided that a hunting safari would be a great way to spend the honeymoon! Or as I call it the “huntingmoon” We booked our trip last year and started planning the wedding! Had our wedding June 3rd and got on the plane June 6th to start our adventures. We spent 8 full days of hunting with Africa Maximum Safaris in the north west province right on the Botswana board.
8C1E284E-4F35-46AA-B9C7-5E3F0B71F05E.jpeg
08267769-02A5-41B2-8333-17E046C5A1B9.jpeg
Our first trophies taken on the trip! I was blown away by the body size on my Kudu, almost like a decent bull elk.
DD32356A-633B-45DD-8D24-2938306FFEA8.jpeg
0D86AE43-468F-403A-912F-D3CCCD0FC67B.jpeg
We had no intention at all of taking a sable on this trip but our outfitter offer us one as a gift for our wedding and a Very reasonable price and the rest is history. The wife was able to take this absolutely stunning 42” sable.
3918F03A-4A65-466A-B1B4-68A91FBA22C0.jpeg
84F72C87-CCCE-4A3A-B98B-639A6339F54D.jpeg
55CA7FA3-EBE7-4D06-9B7E-CE48B0A237C6.jpeg
The animal I wanted the most was a bushbuck and I was lucky enough to connect on the last day of the hunt.
958FFF5A-C769-465D-B66C-58BF2FC37A40.jpeg
810B2F5E-4C6D-4F90-AFC4-5761654FD6F8.jpeg
Everything was taken with rifles but I did bring my recurve along. I was able to fling a stick at a very nice warthog but he jumped the string way more then I anticipated and unfortunately I hit him very high and was unable to recover him. All in all had a blast of a time. We were lucky enough to get paired with a great camp and an awesome PH who was our age so it made for memories that will last for all of our lives. I’m truly blessed. I’ll leave you with my favorite picture of the entire trip! Cant wait for the next time I’m able to go back
A93612F9-81EA-4630-8BED-C89E1AE6912F.jpeg

Congratulations on the hunt and marriage, you’ve got yourself a winner. Love the bushbuck and your impala! If I could hunt just 1 animal in Africa for the rest of my life it would be more bushbuck.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on a successful first safari and a great way for you guys to start your lives together.

You sir are a lucky guy. Congratulations.
Great hunt report, also.

That’s a great honeymoon and love the gift of sable! Thanks for the pictures, bushbuck is long and thick-awesome

Congrats on your huntingmoon, and thanks for sharing !

Congratulations on the hunt and marriage, you’ve got yourself a winner. Love the bushbuck and your impala! If I could hunt just 1 animal in Africa for the rest of my life it would be more bushbuck.
Bushbuck are definitely special

Awesome! Congrats on your success!

Congratulations on your marriage and your safari, seems like you got a keeper.

Sounds like a great trip and one new adventure starts another. Congrats.

Congratz on your wedding and huntingmoon. Looks like you guys had a great trip.

Some nice trophies. Your wife is a definite “keeper “. Congratulations on your marriage. May it be long and happy. Thanks for sharing some pictures of your hunt.
Bruce

Congratulations on all counts.

Wow! What an adventure indeed! Congratulations on the marriage and the huntingmoon. You had better treat her right; you obviously have picked a fantastic partner for life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you