SOUTH AFRICA: Great Hunt With Warthog Safaris

deadeye5128

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA
Hello all. I'm a newbie to this site and must say that it is extremely informative. This past week I returned from probobly the best 10 hunting days of my life. I went with Warthog Safaris in the Limpopo province and was truely impressed. I was able so score on a great Kudu, Zebra, Gemsbuck, Warthog, three Impalas, Jackal and a Blue Wildebeest. Apparently I shot a great BWB. My outfitter rough scored it at 97 SCI. Im not really a score guy but he's saying this is a monster. Any idea how this will rank?

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadeye5128

Welcome to AH

Sound like you had a great time...do you have any pictures you are willing to share...

When you have time go into the outfitter section a post a review for your outfitter...

Welcom to AH Deadeye5128!!! Your PH was right that Bugger is a Monster, a 97 inch Black Wildebeest will put you in the top 10 ranking about 6. CONGRATS lets see some Pics please.

Welcome to AH, can't wait to see some pictures!

Currently I only have prints of the Wildebeest. I'm working on getting the photos emailed to me to post. Hopefully this evening.

Welcome to the forum, deadeye, and congratulations for your hunt !

Welcome to AH deadeye5128!

Safari Club International (SCI) Record Book Minimums for Black Wildebeest (White-Tailed Gnu)
StandardBow
Bronze Score7263
Silver Score78 1/875 6/8
Gold Score82 4/879 5/8

Based on the Safari Club International (SCI) Record Book Top Ten
- The SCI number one Black Wildebeest for rifle scores 101 2/8.
- Two SCI number six Black Wildebeest for rifle score 97 1/8.
- The SCI number seven Black Wildebeest for rifle scores 96 2/8.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

Sorry gave you the wrong score that one was for a Black Wildebeest the Blue Wildebeest is not 6th nope it ties you for 2nd Place WOW WHAT A MONSTER!!!!!!! If your not a member of SCI that is a good reason to join and as a new member your first entree is FREE and what a first entree.

Okay. I took a picture of a picture and attempted to post it. Looks like the image is a little small. I'll work on reposting it at full size.

Thanks for posting a picture! I guess some of us assumed it was a Black one...

Safari Club International (SCI) Record Book Minimums for Blue Wildebeest (Black-Tailed Wildebeest)
StandardBow
Bronze Score7054
Silver Score76 2/875 1/8
Gold Score8180

Based on the Safari Club International (SCI) Record Book Top Ten
- The SCI number one Blue Wildebeest for rifle scores 99 2/8.
- The SCI number two Blue Wildebeest for rifle score 97.
- The SCI number three Blue Wildebeest for rifle scores 96 4/8.

deadeye5128, Awesome Wildebeest. Congrats he is beautiful

Wow! Thanks guys. He's at Highveld Taxidermy now. Guess I'll get the official score in a month or so!

Hi Deadeye,

Welcome to the forum , that's a massive BWB you have taken, congratulations !!!!

Monish

Hey deadeye what type of weapon were you useing I assume it was a rifle. make a difference in th MOR for SCI.

Hi deadeye,What a great wildebeest!I also hunted with Warthog Safaris in July this year.I hunted with bow and posted in this forum check out my pics.Tiene, Ananja ,and Ben are great aren't they.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonjaWelli

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you