SOUTH AFRICA: DE KLERK SAFARIS Hunt 2021

Dakota Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m sitting at African Sky after a great hunt with @DE KLERK SAFARIS. My new Heym Martini Express in 416 Rigby and Swarovski z6i performed very well !

DE51E2BF-7096-4C11-BDC9-2D349C111BA1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
More, please....

Very nice @Dakota Hunter ! Will you be writing a full report? There seems to be a large influx of AH members into De Klerk Safaris recently :)

Gorgeous rifle

Glad your hunt worked out. Look forward to the full report.

Let us hear about your rest of your adventure.

I will try and get a full report out as soon as possible. We are currently dealing with United Airlines changing our home bound flight . In the meantime here is a picture of my Lioness taken with the 416 .
76B9D2B4-F2C8-450A-90D8-2955B03C9568.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice big lioness!

Congrats on beautiful trophies and rifle!!!

Congrats, very good trophies !

Some big smiles there!!! Fine looking animals for the collection, will look forward to the full report, please can we have some more photos of the Heym.

Looking forward to a full report! Best of luck with United!

I will try and get a full report out as soon as possible. We are currently dealing with United Airlines changing our home bound flight . In the meantime here is a picture of my Lioness taken with the 416 .View attachment 435403
I am longing for my lioness hunt there in May 2022 congratulations TED

We flew from Greenville,SC to Newark,NJ and after a short layover in Newark we flew to Johannesburg. Upon arrival in Johannesburg we were greeted by a rep from riflepermits.com and Gilbert from Africa Sky. With help from riflepermits.com we quickly got through SAPS with the new Heym 416 and Gilbert got us on our way to African Sky.
After checking into Africa Sky we settled into our very nice and comfortable room. The drinks were very refreshing after all the travel in the well decorated lounge at African Sky. After drinks we sat down to an awesome meal of filets and mashed potatoes. With dinner finished we settled down for a well deserved rest, excited about the upcoming adventure.

To be continued:
203BE6E0-0449-4612-AE20-EE885ED91033.jpeg
4CC948EF-D4F9-4DBA-8ECB-A875A14E11C5.jpeg

I am longing for my lioness hunt there in May 2022 congratulations TED
What time in May are you there. I will be there at the end of May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twila5206

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.