Soft Case Recommendation

Reaction score
Last year I was fortunate enough to purchase a vintage Lee Speed rifle and am looking to get a case for it that pairs with the rifle's age and overall quality. Whoever ordered this rifle from BSA must have been an absolute giant as they chose both a Long Lee length barrel and extended LOP stock.

As such, I really need a shotgun length case.

The one I've been looking at is the 52" Boyt shotgun slip case. Its got buckles instead of historically inaccurate zippers which is a big point for me.

Before I get it I wanted to see if there were any other brands I might have overlooked. I would consider importing one from the UK if appropriate.
GS75-e1410547334692.jpg
20220912_174954.jpg

Nice rifle. The original slip or case, would it have been made of leather or canvas? Either way it seems that you should be looking for your case in the UK. Good luck.

Have you considered having a custom slip made?

I wouldn’t think it would be terribly expensive… period correct slips are a very simple design.

Last year I was fortunate enough to purchase a vintage Lee Speed rifle and am looking to get a case for it that pairs with the rifle's age and overall quality. Whoever ordered this rifle from BSA must have been an absolute giant as they chose both a Long Lee length barrel and extended LOP stock.

As such, I really need a shotgun length case.

The one I've been looking at is the 52" Boyt shotgun slip case. Its got buckles instead of historically inaccurate zippers which is a big point for me.

Before I get it I wanted to see if there were any other brands I might have overlooked. I would consider importing one from the UK if appropriate. View attachment 532305View attachment 532307
Very cool rifle.

Go to Google and you will find what your looking for

Have you considered having a custom slip made?

I wouldn’t think it would be terribly expensive… period correct slips are a very simple design.
Murray Leather will do it and even from your own leather. I have a slip made from my rhino for my double

Probably not what you have in mind, but here are a couple of slips I had made out of eland. They tie shut, are lined and lightly padded. I had them made to protect rifles in the rack on the cruiser. They are great for safari as they roll up tight and don’t take up much room in your bag.

Probably not what you have in mind, but here are a couple of slips I had made out of eland. They tie shut, are lined and lightly padded. I had them made to protect rifles in the rack on the cruiser. They are great for safari as they roll up tight and don’t take up much room in your bag.

It would help if I included the pic!
Image1683419222.162496.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosalinaHa

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….