Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
People are quick to leave negative feedback when they are wronged or think they didnt get good quality service, etc.. I think its equally important to let people know when a company provides exceptional service or does something extremely well..

So.. Briley in Houston really stepped up this week.. and I thought I should share..

All companies will get something wrong occasionally.. humans, and IT systems are never perfect.. I tend to judge people and businesses not from their mistakes, but how they recover from them..

the short version of a long story is I bought some chokes online a couple of weeks ago from Briley.... their website is clear, the particular choke I ordered could take up to 10x business days to ship..

On day 11 I hadnt gotten an "item shipped" email.. no big deal.. Im not really in a hurry... but I thought I'd check to see whats going on.. I had also been perusing Brileys website and found a couple of things on sale that I thought I might purchase.. so I gave them a call to inquire about the order..

In a nutshell, the order was in their system, but had never forwarded from the sale page to their actual shop where chokes are manufactured/made and orders are fulfilled (just a glitch in their system)... The guy I spoke with was super apologetic and promised to rush the order, get it out immediately, etc.. I told him that it was sincerely not a problem at all.. Im leaving town for several days, and probably wont take the shotgun out for several weeks anyway.. I was just checking in.... He continued to apologize, said he had no idea how the system glitched, but he was going to have that looked into as well.. and he was hand walking the order and would make sure they got chokes out to me ASAP..

No shit, less that 4 hours later I got an email from Briley and another from FedX with tracking.. they made the chokes on the spot and put them out for overnight delivery (at their cost)..

I was already a very loyal Briley customer.. they are the only chokes we shoot in the mdwest house.. and we have A LOT of shotguns and a LOT of chokes (youngest daughter is a competitive shotgunner, and wife and I both have multiple shotguns set up for everything from clays to waterfowl to upland birds, etc).. had they simply gotten around to getting the order filled in the next few days and put them in standard mail (what I paid for), I would have been perfectly happy.. Briley gunsmiths have always done excellent work for me, I find their products to be excellent, I always enjoy visiting their shop and checking out all the firearms for sale when Im in Houston, etc..etc..

But actions like this I think deserve being applauded.. there are plenty of crappy companies in the "outdoors sports" industry.. and not nearly enough good ones.. Briley is a top shelf organization in every way...

Always heard good things about their chokes and their tolerances are on the spot. Nice to see a quality product followed up with top notch customer support.

I’ve had similar experiences with both Müller and Carlson’s. Excellent products and customer support.

Jess Briley used to shoot regularly at the gun club I worked at north of Houston. He was always quite the gentleman and was patient with the 101 questions I had about shotguns and clays. He gave me a $100 bill to pull skeet for him when a tropical storm was blowing through. When I shot competitive skeet, I used his tubes in all my O/U's.

Safe shooting

They really are a great company, I miss being able to run across town to Briley when I needed something. Thanks for posting this.

I recently learned that they are local to me so visited their showroom. They have an amazing collection of guns, specially shotguns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.