Selling on Gunbroker or Guns International

Skshyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi all, any one have any experience selling on GB or GI? I have bought a lot of guns and items from GB with no issues. Is there fraud do we aware of when selling ?

I have bought and sold and there is a lot of fraud. Also the best way to thin the herd.

Anything on the internet carries some risk of fraud. Our shop typically avoids selling on GB, but we have had moderate success with GI. GI is a smaller pool of potential customers, but it seems to be a more refined set of potential customers. Models 12s, 42s, etc. only get posted on GI because of the types of customer interactions we tend to get.

I have never purchased a rifle from either site, but I did find an 1895 Carbine (reproduction) for sale and called the Gunshop that was selling it. Ended up buying it directly from the seller, got a better deal sans certain charges Gunbroker incurs...

I sell and buy on GB, but have only bought on GI. Gotta pay attention to sellers on both sites. Look at feedback.
I wont bid on NR sellers, no rating, and on my sales listings I also tell buyers with NR to contact me first before bidding.
Worst things happened to me was on a GI buy, a model 70 with a cracked stock. Seller insisted it happened on my end, not possible but I found it with naked eye. Told him I wanted a refund and return of rifle, nope, nada.
GI was no help at all and ended up banning me for being a PITA over it. I reregistered later with a different email. I still buy there but only from sellers with some history.
Had a really rough looking old Mauser show up with deep pitting in the receiver from a GB seller. My FFL guy said it unsafe to shoot, seller wouldnt take it back. I parted it out and sold the parts on GB. I lost a few bucks but here again GB was not much help.
They talk a good guarantee but make you jump through a lot of hoops for it. Too much trouble.
Caveat Emptor....

I've bought and sold on GI a lot. Never had any trouble. Just be thorough and handle the $ transaction responsibly___you'll have no trouble. I've never just communicated digitally, always have a conversation with who you are doing business with.

Bought a lot on both a sold a few on GB - I kind of gave up selling online and take my stuff to a shop to have them deal with it. The GB fees, shipping costs, packing/insurance, dealing with no paying bidders is just a huge pain I don’t want to deal with.

I have bought from both sites. I’m also afraid of getting scammed, so I only do business with those who have a long track record and many listings. I won’t buy a gun from someone who the current listing is their only transaction. I may miss out on a great deal, but it’s not worth the higher risk.

I have had great experiences buying and selling guns, accessories, and collectables on GI.

I’ve only bought from GB but have done it at least 20-30 times without issue. Haven’t sold on GB or had any transactions on GI.

I always (extensively) research the shop I’m buying from and have a conversation with a person there. Several times I’ve gotten them to pull the item off GB and I buy it from them directly for less money. Of course there is still risk doing this but I’ve been lucky so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyJuan9

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?