Scope mounting CZ550

Joseph 61

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to mount a Meopta Meostar scope with “Meopta rail” on my CZ550. I purchased mounts specifically for this “rail system” but they are way too low. I was wondering if anyone has experience mounting a similar scope on their CZ550? I have a picture for reference.

IMG_3607.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, another guy had said that with 1x scope you will always see the barrel so I was not used to that. Apparently it does have enough height. I haven’t had much experience with a scope at 1x power so I figured it was low.

Can you manipulate the bolt with the scope on? Seeing the barrel in a 1x scope isn't really a concern for me, it's just there.

Yea that’s true. It’s a little tight to move the bolt comfortably, I’m thinking of getting an extended bolt handle if they sell them.

If anybody has any specific experience with the rails that are available for CZ550, I am very interested in hearing from you. My plan is to mount a Vortex PST 6-24x50 on this rifle and I could sure use some experienced opinions on what rings and/or rings/rail combo is going to work best with this scope.

If anybody has any specific experience with the rails that are available for CZ550, I am very interested in hearing from you. My plan is to mount a Vortex PST 6-24x50 on this rifle and I could sure use some experienced opinions on what rings and/or rings/rail combo is going to work best with this scope.
I don’t have much to offer in terms of experience but I ordered the mounts for my Meopta scope on Optics Trade and they had a decent selection of rails and rings for CZ550. I remember seeing a picatinny rail for it. Optics trade is in Czech Republic I think so shipping can take some time to the states. It would be nice to have all that real estate on top for mounting options. I would just hope it doesn’t interfere with access to the chamber.

I used rings Warner 1BLM, but repeat, rings no rail, there were for 1" and size medium, there are another with size higher

You can probably get different height spacers for the rail mounts. However, if the scope does not interfere with the bolt, I would not worry about seeing the front sight or barrel. if you have the scope properly focused the barrel/sight will be a bit blurry and soon you will just ignore it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MirandaU08

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.