SCI Suspends Membership of Hunter and Professional Hunter Involved in Death of Cecil

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Washington, D.C. – Safari Club International (SCI) supports a full and thorough investigation of the circumstances surrounding the death of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe. SCI has imposed immediate emergency membership suspensions of both the involved hunter and his guide/professional hunter, and they will remain in place pending the outcome of an investigation.

Safari Club International condemns unlawful and unethical hunting practices. SCI supports only legal hunting practices and those who comply with all applicable hunting rules and regulations, and SCI believes that those who intentionally take wildlife illegally should be prosecuted and punished to the maximum extent allowed by law.

Safari Club International is a 501(c)4 corporation, has approximately 47,000 members worldwide, many of whom also hunt worldwide. Safari Club's missions include the conservation of wildlife, protection of the hunter’s rights, and education of the public concerning hunting and its use as a conservation and management tool.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

l just want to know as a over sea hunter . The African Hunter Magazine put out a report today saying it is the responsibility of the hunter . and should get the lowdown the PH .Was he a member here and whats next

l just want to know as a over sea hunter . The African Hunter Magazine put out a report today saying it is the responsibility of the hunter . and should get the lowdown the PH .Was he a member here and whats next

Sounds a little odd that the client is responsible for the actions of his PH.

The shooting of Cecil the Lion is so bad on so many levels. It gives us all a black eye. Hunters, PHs and Outfitters all suffer due to the actions of a few. Hunters do more for species preservation than all the tree huggers that ever lived. Yet when this group of scumbags goes out and shoots the mascot of Zimbabwe the tree huggers don't scream about poachers or criminals, they scream about hunters. The hissy fits by these bunch are not going to quiet down for some time.

This lion made national news headlines, we as hunters are all painted as bad people due to the stupid actions of a PH and client. If there was no lion permit, there should have been no lion hunt. This is the kind of action that ends hunting for everyone.....greed. We as hunters are outnumbered, our actions speak volumes to the public at large.

I for one hope they had all the documents in place. My 2c of oppinion. I can not see how they could prosecute the client who was giuded (GUIDE) into a hunt.

It is the responsibility of the Outfitter to arrange permits, then that responsibility gets carried over to the PH who has to make sure he and his client does everything according to the conditions of those permits.

In my opinion the client is innocent unless he had knowledge of misconduct.

Sounds a little odd that the client is responsible for the actions of his PH.
l think u were the only to readwhat l ask if need l can post there quote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristaGul

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.