Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
The Western Hunting Expo will be in SLC Feb 15-18 this year. I will be attending, looking for a buffalo hunt, and an Argentina wing shooting/foto trip. Wondering if any AH members are going, maybe say a quick Hi and put a face to a name...............all the best.......FWB

It's a very good show and I considered it. My wife and I just arrived home from The Sheep Show in Reno and I'm probably done with shows for the year.
I believe Tsala will be there. I've enjoyed talking to them in the past.

Planing on the 16th or 17th, I’m probably going bring my blue wildebeest chaps to show off again.

don’t think I will attend this year, but hope you have a good time-maybe you will get
Lucky and draw an expo tag

I've been invited to go help a friend work a booth but I had to decline.

I'll be down in Arizona chasing javelina at the time of the Expo.

@JimP A member of this forum that I regard as a very skilled hunter called me yesterday from Arizona and told me the woes of his javelina hunt: never saw a pig in places that were awesome during his 3 prior hunts...........hope your's goes better. @damonjohnson will send you a PM with phone in the event you make it there................FWB

@JimP A member of this forum that I regard as a very skilled hunter called me yesterday from Arizona and told me the woes of his javelina hunt: never saw a pig in places that were awesome during his 3 prior hunts...........hope your's goes better. @damonjohnson will send you a PM with phone in the event you make it there................FWB
When we were down there 2 years ago we didn't see a single one in 7 days. We saw tracks but no javelina. The last day I talked to a person who was working on a mine reclamation and he saw some every day, on mine property where we couldn't hunt.

But something is happening with them. Tags went from 750 a few years ago down to 500 for our season which is the HAM (handgun, archery, muzzle loader) season.

But one way or another we'll have fun.

Ya, who knows what is affecting them? It may be multifactorial, but my Javelina hunting friend attributes most of their decline to overhunting. Don't know, never hunted Arizona pigs before..........best of luck......I will talk with some operators in the South West when I attend the show and get their opinions.....FWB

My personal feelings is that around the ranch that we hunt they have a bunch of 20 or so old kids. A few years ago they were seeing how fast they could drive about a 20 mile loop. They may just be shooting them to shoot them. And with it being Arizona there is usually nothing left once the scavengers get done with them.

I’ll be there one day just not sure which day yet.

Will be there here Thur. & Fri.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWayne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you