Safari Season 2024 Has Started - Where We Going?

I have crossed the 100 day threshold. Meeting my friends at DSC on 1/12 to have a face to face with our PH to get the rest of our questions on the table. Cape buffalo, lioness and bird hunting are on my menu. The rest of my party is after PG and fowl. We are taking a professional outdoor photographer I have worked with in the past to document our trip. To say I am excited is an understatement. I have been reading about Africa since I was a young man and to be staring a trip in the face is unbelievable.

Good luck and Godspeed to everyone this year. I hope 2024 is everything you want it to be and more. Our Safari is on the books for 4/15-4-27 and I will update this community accordingly.
CL
Where you hunting?

Have friends with property in north Texas where I may deer hunt this fall. 2025 I am targeting the Caprivi for trophy buffalo and non-trophy / own-use elephant. I'll be living through all of you as you post your planning and hunting reports this year. Be safe and successful.

Just won a hunt in New Zealand in an auction at DSC… will see if we can squeeze it in sometime in 2024 maybe after we knock out the South Africa and Idaho trips… if not, I’m thinking spring 2025 is looking pretty good..

I going to be taking my first trip to South Africa in June to hunt Cape Buffalo and Sable, I plan on adding Zebra and Kudu to my list. Hopefully the wife and I will get drawn for ND Antelope this year, then ND archery Deer for the first time in about 5 years! The Kidney dialysis and transplant really took alot out me and I'm finally starting to feel stronger again!

Just won a hunt in New Zealand in an auction at DSC… will see if we can squeeze it in sometime in 2024 maybe after we knock out the South Africa and Idaho trips… if not, I’m thinking spring 2025 is looking pretty good..

Congrats Dave!!!

Back to KMG Safaris on the Eastern Cape in August for Sable. Heading over with a bunch of Aussie first-timers which will be fun.

June 7th I’m off to South Africa for my first trip abroad. Will be hunting with Bos en Dal and can’t wait. The wife just wishes I would quit talking about it everyday
June 6th for the wife and I. The wife is also getting tired of watching videos of Cape Buffalo and African hunting, but she is excited to be going on a adventure!

Congrats, can’t wait to hear about all the adventures

The 2024 hunting/safari season has started. I am currently sitting in a hotel in Nairobi, Kenya on a stopover to the Karamoja region of Uganda (I know, I should be at the Stanley Hotel for pure nostalgia reasons, but the flight landed late and it’s not close to airport).

I left the house on Dec. 31st, flew to Kenya and it’s on to Uganda tomorrow. I start hunting on January 3rd. Very excited to be hunting the same ground as the famed “Karamoja Bell” - though I will not be hunting elephant (or Buffalo) on this trip. This is a scouting trip for 5 or 6 of the East African specific plains game.

It’s always exciting to hunt new areas and new species, with new people. I’m hunting with Abe Langley’s KOS Safari to see what he has going in Uganda. Bought this trip at DSC last year while Abe was laid up in England with a bout of malaria (started my prophylactics this morning).

I have a trip booked to Cameroon in March with Mayo Oldiri on a special license for some savanna species, and Namibia in June in an effort to take a Danamarra dik-dik, a Kalahari springbuck (I’ve taken all the others) and whatever else we can scrape up.

If I can get it worked out, might be able to do a Carpathian chamois in Romania in the fall - but still working on that one.

This year will be all new areas and new outfitters for me. Scouting trips really (except Romania - that’s to complete the chamois world slam). I love trip planning, and finding new areas and adventures. As much as I love Africa, and I do love Africa, i’m getting really interested in the hunting in eastern Europe as well. If you haven’t tried it, I would really recommend the Balkan countries for roe deer, red deer, fallow deer, chamois, mouflon, wolf and boar. Awesome hunting traditions in the hunting clubs and regions of eastern Europe.

Anyway, that’s what i have going on in 2024. Would love to hear about what everyone else is planning, be it a new area, first time trip to Africa, father/daughter whitetail in Ohio, whatever you got. If you are hunting in southern Africa you have a few months of planning/anticipation anyway, so let’s talk about it.

And Happy New Year!
We booked a Mid Asian Ibex hunt in Tajikistan for October 2025. I would love to chat with anyone who has done that hunt. This will not be in the Pamir Mountains, but rather in the Northwest part of the country near Uzbekistan. Hunting will be done on horseback and lodging in tents or shepherd huts.

Bongo & forest sitatunga - May 15, 2024, Cameroon.
Please post about that hunt. I'm hunting in the Savannah in March, but have been thinking about the Bongo/Sitatunga hunt plus forest duikers sometime soon.

I may go north a few hours drive soon for winter steelhead. It’s slower action. But with snow on the ground. If the River isn’t too low. The river is pretty much empty and it’s very peaceful
IMG_9437.jpeg
IMG_9422.jpeg
IMG_2526.jpeg

Of course I’m showing the biggest fish of the day. :ROFLMAO: She was a big Hen for sure. We release all steelhead. While fighting them we try to calm them by letting them know. We just want a picture to make them famous . It usually doesn’t work

Going back to SA in July after 20 years. Maybe I’ll feel like a first-timer again! Looking into airfare is driving me nuts. Both Delta and United are a lot higher than I expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micheal797

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you