Russian oligarch hunters canceling safaris

O
Poor bugger. He should approach Trudeau. He loves to hand out Canadian dollars to foreign concerns.
Oddly enough, the Russain ruble is doing better YTD than the Canadian dollar.

O

Oddly enough, the Russain ruble is doing better YTD than the Canadian dollar.
it's increasing, but the Ruble right now is 0.014 CND and 0.012 USD-just dropped to 0.011. Put another way, 1 CAD is worth 71.43 Rubles. Doing better is relative! African money is worth 5.5x more than theirs. Perhaps you're into currency trading?

it's increasing, but the Ruble right now is 0.014 CND and 0.012 USD-just dropped to 0.011. Put another way, 1 CAD is worth 71.43 Rubles. Doing better is relative! African money is worth 5.5x more than theirs. Perhaps you're into currency trading?
Not a chance

If any of those Russian oligarch mafioso bastards go hunting internationally again it will be too soon. If they never do- good riddance.

I don't know the exact definition of an Oligarch, but I hope some AH members can cash in on their misfortune. At least the operators would get some revenue, albeit discounted. If you know of a situation where a rich Russian has paid a big deposit on on a Botswana hunt, please PM me. I'm pretty sure I can get by without vodka or caviar....................FWB

Oligarch is a basically a rich businessman who has great political influence in their home country,

American examples:

Mark Zuckerberg
Jeff Bezos
Bill Gates

There are conservatives ones too...

I don't know the exact definition of an Oligarch, but I hope some AH members can cash in on their misfortune. At least the operators would get some revenue, albeit discounted. If you know of a situation where a rich Russian has paid a big deposit on on a Botswana hunt, please PM me. I'm pretty sure I can get by without vodka or caviar....................FWB
You can go at a $12k discount right now but still expensive.

Oligarch is a basically a rich businessman who has great political influence in their home country,

American examples:

Mark Zuckerberg
Jeff Bezos
Bill Gates

There are conservatives ones too...
As for these Russian oligarchs, it’s a different situation. They siphoned off money and stole it from Russian companies and government agencies with Putin’s approval. The whole Russian government is corrupt and a kleptocracy.

@flatwater bill
Bill it would be just your luck to find one and be pipped at the post by someone else.
I can live without the vodka as I have my Bundy RUM.
The way things are going in Australia with fuel prices because of this Putin stupidity I've almost saved enough for my next hunt.
I have enough money to get from my garage to the letterbox, so even a cheap hunt that has been half paid for is out of the question.
Bob

As for these Russian oligarchs, it’s a different situation. They siphoned off money and stole it from Russian companies and government agencies with Putin’s approval. The whole Russian government is corrupt and a kleptocracy.

Either they use power to get money or use money to get power.

Is it any different in other countries??? :D :D

Who is sanctioning them in Africa?

Airlines.
International flights from Russia are extremely difficult, there are few over Turkey, and maybe via few other countries. European airspace is closed for them.
Olygarh funds are blocked, on various international bank accounts.
And I could imagine travelling with fire arms would be extremely difficult for a russian, if not impossible, with few available flights for them.
Amongst other sanctions, olygarhs private jets are grounded world wide, as well.

Is it any different in other countries??? :D :D

Yes, we have plenty of wealthy businessmen/women who acquired their money with intelligence and hard work, while respecting the laws of the land and the rights of others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you