Ruger No 1

woodsman1991

AH veteran
Reaction score
Ruger Number 1 chambered in 25-06. In excellent condition, comes with 30 mm high rings. 26" barrel from breech face to muzzle. Shoots dime sized groups with hand loads, recipe will be provided to new owner. Selling to help fund my Montana trip this fall.

Custom PCS stock of Oregon built and bedded to this rifle. Original stock has slight crack running through the butt that has been there since new as evidenced by it being filled underneath the factory finish.

$1500 shipped with PCS and original stocks.
$1100 shipped without PCS.
$100 off for a local face to face transfer in College Station, Texas.

Link to detailed photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10QFxfoytaAXGnbZtOsISXUlIw59IdKRv

Cross listed on other sites, first come first served.
IMG_0264.jpg

Last edited:
Great rifle, and thank you for calling me to discuss; it was a pleasure speaking with you. While this one wasn't quite the fit for my particular search, this one sounds like a really solid deal. A couple of additional details that a prospective buyer might want to know:

1. We measured and compared the Length-of-pull for the original stock, and it is the same length as my current No. 1B (so it has not been cut down).
2. The original gloss blue finish looks to have been covered with a type of matte or parkerized finish; I assume for durability (in keeping with the PCS stock). and
3. We tried to look up the serial number on Ruger's website, and this appears to be an early 130-xxxxx model. Although the website could not pull up the exact date, the serial number is about 9,000 lower than the serial number of my 1976 No. 1A. I would guesstimate that to be about a 1974 or 75(?). A more experience No. 1 collector could probably chime in with more info.

In the meantime, I think this is a solid deal and good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Serial number 130-10xxx indicates an early production rifle. Rifle has been refinished with a matt black cerakote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildegardH

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you