Ruger African for 2022?

lockingblock

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Will Ruger be releasing a 2022 Lipsey’s version this year and in what caliber? I sent a couple of emails, but no response. Wondering if anyone had heard…

I had my local gunshop inquire for me with their Lipseys Sales rep last week when I was in shop. The answer was Not at this time. Ruger was to far behind on production of all firearms at this time.

I don’t get why all the bolt rifle makers are so far behind. We had a panic buy…but not on 375s.

Winchester Corp is years back ordered on basic Model 70s…why? Blued and walnut rifles are slow sellers…literally not one basic featherweight 270 in stock anywhere in the US…that’s never happened before.

Ruger is similar…which is insane as they are Pine Tree Castings, the actual factory that makes the raw castings used to build their rifles. They build in-house, including barrels…they are their own supply chain.

How in the world are they so short on bolt guns…it makes no sense.

My guess would be they are ramped up building other model lines that are flying off the shelf, would be a prudent business decision. I’m certain the ammo plants are much more concerned with filling the shelves with 9mm and 223 than they are retooling to run 303 British. Although the way it is 303 would fly off the shelf just because it was available

If they are like every other factory, they probably had labor shortage issues as well

I don’t get why all the bolt rifle makers are so far behind. We had a panic buy…but not on 375s.

Winchester Corp is years back ordered on basic Model 70s…why? Blued and walnut rifles are slow sellers…literally not one basic featherweight 270 in stock anywhere in the US…that’s never happened before.

Ruger is similar…which is insane as they are Pine Tree Castings, the actual factory that makes the raw castings used to build their rifles. They build in-house, including barrels…they are their own supply chain.

How in the world are they so short on bolt guns…it makes no sense.
I think it’s because they shifted their production away from blued steel and walnut bolt guns to the guns that are most in demand. We’ll have to wait until everyone who wants a plastic stocked 6.5 creedmor to have 5 or 6 of them. Then maybe they’ll switch some of their production back to the guns we want.

My guess would be they are ramped up building other model lines that are flying off the shelf, would be a prudent business decision. I’m certain the ammo plants are much more concerned with filling the shelves with 9mm and 223 than they are retooling to run 303 British. Although the way it is 303 would fly off the shelf just because it was available
I like the way you think. A Ruger African in .303 British would be awesome!

I like the way you think. A Ruger African in .303 British would be awesome!
Indeed it would! That would fly off the shelves!

Lockingblock, there are lots of used rifles available within the AH community. Post an article stating what you are looking for and I'll bet you'll get some offers.

Dittos on 6.5 Creedmoor(s) their "Swedish Mauser owner" want-to-be(s) are ruining it for just about everybody else.

I heard they have quit making the model 77. Whether this is temporary I don't know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IvoryCrabt

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.